Hose question - Amer-Sea Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Amer-Sea console has done a great job until several weeks ago at Gilboa. There was a leak in the fitting where the hp hose connected into the first stage. I switched to another reg for the day and looked at the fitting when I got home that night. The leak was between the two end fitting pieces and not where the hose inserted into the first stage. I removed the console from the reg and was thinking about trying to take the fitting apart to see how it was constructed but decided to just try to tighten it down. I haven't been able to water test it yet but when i reconnected everything to the tank the leak disappeared. Is anyone familiar with these fittings? I wondering whether it simply came loose over time or I need to replace it? Does anyone have any recommendations on using a lubricant when I switch a console or second stage? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom