Good photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailcsy44

Reaction score
Thought I'd share some good photos of the STIDD DPV in use.

Attachments

• DPD 1.jpg
    DPD 1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 222
  • DPD2.jpg
    DPD2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 265
Are those fellas looking for a beach somewhere?! They look like an unconventional group of guys that like to sleep, eat and lift alot!

Diver Delivery Vehicle Specifications
2 Diver
200 foot depth
5 mile range 3 miles per hour speed
2-24 Volt Variable Speed Thrusters
2-24Volt Battery Packs
Sonar and Navigation System is designed to operate at night in dirty water without lights
GPS
Forward Looking Sonar options: S-150, Imagenex, Tritech, EdgeTech, Sonavision FLS
SideScan SmartSonar Automated Sensor and display tuning, Range, Gain and Transmit Controls
Doppler Velocity Log Module Outputs: Speed, Heading, Position, Depth and Altitude
Integrated Fluxgate Compass
Dual Micro Displays for Status Monitoring, Navigation and Sonar Data Viewing
2 Six Button Computer Controllers for Changing Screens, range and operation configurations
Computer in pressure proof housing, 8 hours typical run time

Submersible Systems Development - Honolulu, Hawaii, provides custom DDV, Sonar and Navigation System design and integration services according to customer specifications. SSD designs and builds wet and dry submarines and submersible equipment to custom specifications. Contact Rick@SSD.US for more information.

Attachments

• SSD_DDV_Brochure.pdf
    146.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Hi Rick

Nice looking vehicle, thanks for posting the link. It Looks kind of similar construction to some photo's of a Sea Shadow I saw a while back, are they the same? some history there?

SS_Rick_Side700.jpg

Hi Rick

Nice looking vehicle, thanks for posting the link. It Looks kind of similar construction to some photo's of a Sea Shadow I saw a while back, are they the same? some history there?

The original Sea Shadow just came with a compass for navigation. I designed a bolt on navigation extension module and integrated it into the Sea Shadow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom