Business trip to Manila & Calamba Jan 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1_T_Submariner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings all.

I just found out that I am spending a week in Calamba and Manila in January. I don't know how much free time I am going to have but, I was wondering about diving in the local areas? Or somewhere not too far away. I might get a Saturday or Sunday off but that will be all of the time I would have.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I have never been to this part of the world and would really like to get a few dives in.

I will get there Jan 14 and leave on Jan 22 2009.

Thanks again.

Greetings all.

I just found out that I am spending a week in Calamba and Manila in January. I don't know how much free time I am going to have but, I was wondering about diving in the local areas? Or somewhere not too far away. I might get a Saturday or Sunday off but that will be all of the time I would have.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I have never been to this part of the world and would really like to get a few dives in.

I will get there Jan 14 and leave on Jan 22 2009.

Thanks again.
Anilao for sure. It's very close by and it's your top choice if time is limited. Do a search on it. If you have sat and sun off, you could either do an overnight trip or 1 or 2 day trips.

Will you have a car? If not, I recommend hooking up with a dive group to see if they can pick you up along the way (most of them are based in manila). divenet comes to mind and is a popular choice of the PPD. Scuba1 is another dive group I can think of. Both these dive groups dive out of aquaventure resort, which is a popular choice of the PPD. You could also try Bobby Manas who regularly takes groups down to anilao. He dives out of Planet Dive, which is another nice resort. Alternatively, you can see if anyone in the PPD are diving your weekend and try hook up with them.

If you'll be doing an overnight, you could browse the PPD for a couple of resorts (anilao dive resorts have been discussed a lot) and choose to contact them directly and see if they can arrange transport for you.

If you do have a car, awesome for you!

Hope that helps.

Anilao would be your best bet. Puerto Galera would be second. Puerto Galera would include a 45 min boat ride from the Batangas pier to Sabang Beach. If you choose Anilao that 45 min would be at least one dive.
Both are eye openers, and addictive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom