SPG hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recall seeing a thread recently about spg hose lengths when diving a single tank with a harness, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know where I can?

jonnythan once bubbled...
I recall seeing a thread recently about spg hose lengths when diving a single tank with a harness, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know where I can?

I use the standard 24" high pressure hose on my set up. It works great for doubles but is on the short side for singles. I would suggest a hose about 2" longer for singles.

You might also want to consider a 24" LP back up hose instead of a 22". I have both and prefer the 24". The extra few inches allows the reg to sit better and not tug the reg out of your mouth.

I believe the thread your looking for was started by Mo2vation but am not absolutely positive on that.

Here's the info I posted as I was struggling to make a 24" work with my single rig.

I think the 24" is way too short. I'm diving with a 30" right now, and its perfect. Most of the time I don't need to unclip it to read it. I prefer that, actually. When I need to know precise gas supply, I'll unclip it and count the bars. When I want to know relative gas supply (as in am I half way to my rock bottom, etc.) I just pull it over and glance.

K

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23279&highlight=spg

but now i'm not so sure ...

maybe because i'm vertically challenged at a hair below 5' 6" ?

or that most of the time i don't unclip to look at my SPG so it didn't matter as much ?

or is it something else :eek:

30" would make it dangle for me :D

30 inches is usually the standard legnth for a high pressure hose that comes with an SPG. That is what I use and I can read my SPG without releasing the clip.

I'm 6'3", and can use a 24" SPG hose on my singles rig. BUT, I can't read it without unclipping it. Port orientation on the first stage could easily chew up an inch or two of usable hose length which could cause problems, along with how high up the tank you mount your BC.

However the good ol' Vytec transmitter takes care of that problem :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom