Cobra vs Atmos AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Suunto Cobra last year and I don't have much to complain about (only 70 dives on it), except it is too conservative on repeditive dives. I dove along side my brother last year in Cozumel and his Aries Atmos AI was fine while my Cobra went into decompression mode on day four while averaging four dives a day. I want to do the Flower Gardens in Feb or March and I understand that they won't let you dive if your computer goes haywire like mine did.

I'm really considering an upgrade to the Atmos of I can't fix this problem.

Has anyone had this problem or have any sugestions?

I don't think it was in dec mode, I may have exagerated on that as the computer didn't lock down.

If I follow the safety stops that it indicates and my tables, it should be fine, right?

The cobra is a more sensitive computer, and I ran into the same problem in Nassau last April. My cobra and another divers suunto both had issues, while other divers were down for longer. I don't mind the extra bit of conservitive-ness, but you can adjust the sensitivity of the cobra. Check the manual, available from Suunto online or your copy that came with the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom