Suunto D6 Rubber Band Replacement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katamuki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to replace the D6 elastomer band? I looked at the Suunto at the LDS the other day and while I liked what I saw I was suprised that the wrist band on the D6 (and D9) is not the ordinary "pin" type. If I understand this right, the only wrist band options are those from Suunto and there isnt any accessory parts even listed on the Suunto website. :confused:

Also, anyone done a battery change either at home or sent a D6 back to Suunto?

Don't know about the battery, but I've been trying to replace my band for about 5 months now and can't find one. I found a stainless band for it but, not the elastomer one. Cheapest place I've found the stainless is opticsplanet.com. It is $128.95 with free shipping. That is a little steep but, may be the only choice.

Hi all. I was browsing around and i found a whole rang of different straps available for most of the suunto computers. check out simplyscuba.com/products/Suunto/ComputerStrapsBracelets.aspx

hope this helps

Has anyone ever had to replace the D6 elastomer band? I looked at the Suunto at the LDS the other day and while I liked what I saw I was suprised that the wrist band on the D6 (and D9) is not the ordinary "pin" type. If I understand this right, the only wrist band options are those from Suunto and there isnt any accessory parts even listed on the Suunto website. :confused:

Also, anyone done a battery change either at home or sent a D6 back to Suunto?

Hi there,
I have both replaced my elastomeer strap and had suunto perform (about 4) battery changes on my D6 computer. Ask your local LDS about getting a new strap (I dont know if you can find it online), i paid around 45$ for it, and it ws as simple as unscrewing some small screws to get it attached.

as for battery changes :depressed: it has been as simple at 50$ and a day to change the battery, to as difficult as 250$ and several months to get the computer back. It all depends on the location of the nearest suunto service center and whether or not the lds can do it themselves. I think if you change it yourself, you run the risk of cancelled warenty, but im not positive about that.

Don't even bother w/getting another strap from Sunnto [see previous threads]...They're terrible and a waste of money....Go to Tibby-Adapters....But if your bound and determined to get another one try Leisurepro.com...They have replacements for the D6 & D9....I have a D9 titanium I'll be glad to get rid of.........

Back
Top Bottom