Diveheart.org - I would like to Volunteer but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luckydays

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a new diver. :D

I would like to volunteer with your organization as it is near and dear to my heart. I am a veteran of 10 years of service in the US Navy and would love to help others (veterans and others who want to dive) try this great activity.

However, I am very new to the dive world. I plan to have many more dives under my belt as the days and years pass but as of now I have less than 10. With planned trips and classes, between now and Memorial Day, I am hoping to have 25 or more dives completed.

I was wondering:
1. how much experience should a person have (or how much would you prefer) before they should consider volunteering with diveheart, and
2. is it possible to volunteer out of the pool until my experience level increases to the preferred level.

Thank you for your time and service to what seems to be a great organization with a great cause!

Lucky,

We could use you now even if it is just poolside for the moment but most likely we would get you in the pool working with an instructor or other experienced buddies where you could get a better feeling and appreciation of diving.

We have our next discover scuba on December 14th at the Oaklawn High School pool and would welcome seeing you there.

I will send you a PM with my contact information and you can call me about this.

Back
Top Bottom