Wakatobi Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloop7499

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from Wakatobi. After waiting for a year and all the expenses to get there I was hoping all the hype was for real. It was. Great diving operation. Short distances to sites. Over the top food. And the best diving we've experienced. Beyond the usual thousands of reef fish of all sizes and colors, following is a list of critters.

Dozens of Nudibranchs (chromodoris magnifa, solar powered, many varieties, 12 Batfish, 7 - Green Turtles, Numerous Banded Sea Snakes (many on land as well), Many Giant Clams, Many Anemones with clownfish, 20+ Lionfish, Spotted Lionfish, Shelled Crabs, Giant Crabs, Porcelain Crab, Orangutan Crab, Sea Shrimp, Numerous Green Moray Eels, Yellow Spotted Eels, 2 Ribbon Eels, Many Pink Anemone Fish, Many Tomato Anemone Fish, Many Broad Club Cuttlefish, Juvenile Cuttlefish, File Clams (Disco clams), 8/10 - Scorpion Fish, Numerous Stonefish, Numerous Blennies w/blind shrimp, Long Arm Octopus, Numerous Flatworms, 2 - Mantis Shrimp, Numerous varieties of GobiÃÔ, Eagle Rays, Spotted Stingrays, Standard Stingray , 3/4 - Pygmy Seahorses (Bargibanti), 1 White Pygmy Seahorse (Coleman), Numerous Razor Fish, Decorator Crabs, 2 - Sole Fish, 2 Yellow Frog Fish, 1 Brown Frog Fish, Numerous Lobsters, 8+ Crocodile Fish, Juvenile & Adult Sweet Lips, Slipper Lobster, Free Swimming Fire Worms, Halimeda Ghost Pipefish, Anemone Shrimp, 2 Peacock Razor fish, Peacock Flounder, Sea Box Moth.

Other diving groups with more critter experience saw much more than this.

We had a great time and would recommend this place to anyone.

It is amazing isn't it! I was there Nov.7 - 14. You must have come in as I was leaving.
My report is "New Wakatobi Trip Report" below. I started to try and list all the creatures I saw and realized it was futile and just said "see the Wakatobi website" that it was true. Kudos for making the effort. Have you ever seen anything like the view from the end of the pier looking down at the water??

I was there starting on the 14th until the 25th averaging about 4 dives per day. On every dive I saw so much that I started to forget from the beginning of the dive to the end. After a while I bought a cheap slate to keep track.

Yes the view all along the house reef is amazing. I would also do a sunset dive and swim by the jetty bar looking up an the happy hour people thinking of what they were missing. In the AM I would do a sunrise snorkle and that always turned into an adventure. The taxi service on the house reef was very cool as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom