CebuDivecentre - stop spamming, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
:shakehead:From the TOS

The term SPAM implies many different definitions based on many different sources. The Washington State Supreme Court has stated that SPAM can be understood as:

ŵhe term 'spam' refers broadly to unsolicited bulk e-mail (or ''junk e-mail"), which can be either commercial (such as an advertisement) or noncommercial (such as a joke or chain letter).

Another popular definition focused towards the Internet describes SPAM as:

Ūnternet spam is one or more unsolicited messages, sent or posted as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantially identical content."

On ScubaBoard we combine the commonly held definitions of SPAM into one concrete statement. SPAM is, as a general rule, a message sent in any amount of a commercial or non-commercial nature which is unsolicited. More specifically, SPAM generally consists of an advertisement of some nature which is sent directly to a user or users or is posted in a forum or forums. While the majority of our SPAM problems do come from traditional bulk postings, a message does not have to be commercial in nature nor does it need to be sent in bulk to be considered SPAM under our rules.

The punishment for spamming a user or the board varies based on the severity of the SPAM. Users with no prior posts who blatantly post SPAM messages to multiple forums or PM multiple users may be banned without further warning. Users in good standing who send out a limited number of messages may simply be given a warning or a short suspension. There is no such thing as ÅÈood SPAM on our board and all members, regardless of their status, may be banned immediately for spamming the board in any manner even if it is with just one message or post. As a general rule we try to take into account the nature of all messages, commercial versus private and the degree of the abuse. But to this issue, simply do not send users messages containing advertising of services, goods, links or personal ads they arenÃÕ asking for!

Your posts - all but one of them are spam. Here you go...

Cebu Dive Centre - Moalboal, Cebu

Hi Folks,

My name is Carl and I am the owner of the newly established Cebu Dive Centre based in Moalboal, Cebu. One of our clients, Paul, introduced us to this site and I must say it is excellent....

Philippines trip

Andy,

If we can be of any assistance to you if you are intending to visit Cebu just drop us a line.

Cheers

Carl
Cebu Dive Centre - Moalboal - Cebu

The Philippines

Hi there,

If we can be of any assistance to you just drop me a line . We are based in Moalboal, Cebu and the only British owned facility on the island :wink:.

Hope too see you soon in sunny...

Cebu Dive Centre

No problem Matt. As we are a new member we are not permitted to include URL's in our 1st 5 threads. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks Anna. We will work to improve our website...

Thanks Anna. We will work to improve our website including your comments. Thanks. Carl

Thats correct... our advertised prices include...

Thats correct... our advertised prices include all course materials. Thanks

Now we have 5 threads you can see our contact...

Now we have 5 threads you can see our contact details :)

Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu (Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu)
info@cebudivecentre.com

Cebu Dive Centre

Our website has just been revised :D...Check it out at Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu (Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu)!

Just remember folks that we offer...

Hi there, I am Carl and the owner of Cebu...

Hi there,

I am Carl and the owner of Cebu Dive Centre based in Panagsama, Moalboal.We can be viewed on our website at Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu...

New Years Party

Fancy a change this New Years Eve? Cebu Dive Centre are having a New Years Dive Party to celebrate the New Year 09 here on the tropical island of Cebu in the Philippines.

We are offering special...

Hi Splint, If we can be of any assistance to...

Hi Splint,

If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact us on either cebudivecentre@yahoo.com or info@cebudivecentre.com.

Our website can be viewed at Diving in Cebu...

If we can be of any assistance to you please do...

If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact us on either cebudivecentre@yahoo.com or info@cebudivecentre.com.

Our website can be viewed at Diving in Cebu Philippines -...
The weather and visibility here in Moalboal...

The weather and visibility here in Moalboal during December is generally very good and we do not have extremely strong currents.

If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to...

If we can be of any assistance to you please do...

Our website can be viewed at Diving in Cebu Philippines -...

Hi there. If you require any assistance please...

Hi there. If you require any assistance please feel free to contact us. We will offer you excellent rates on both your course and accommodation.

Cheers

Carl

Hi there! If we can be of any assistance please...

Hi there! If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. We offer great rates for PADI courses and fun diving.

Cheers

Carl

Hi there ! If we can be of any assistance to you...

Hi there ! If we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact us. We offer excellent rates on PADI courses and fun diving.

Cheers

Carl

Please give it a rest or go away.

I agree 100% with you Larry! This has absolutely nothing constructive except blatent advertising...
Carl, that's not what scubaboard, and especially the PPD forum is about! It's really not appreciated...:no::no:

edit: @ larry: washington state supreme court? i am impressed! either you have a lot of time in your hands or you read too much or both.

You obviously don't have enough time or you'd have read the first line of the post: -

Hammerhead:
From the TOS

:D

:rofl3:That is not spamming....that is SPRAY PAINTING!! :rofl3:

I am with Matt.....it is open season now....ROFLMAO!!!!

Note for the admin/mod:

for user like that you may install a great plugin called "miserable user", I use that on my board and what it does is simply pissing people off :
Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

the user can still log in but suffers different probs:
1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

cheers

Rhoody

Carl,

I'm sure you have a lot of good info about moalboal. Please feel free to share that with us.

Put your dive shop in your signature - couple that with an excellent and informative post and that's more than enough advertisement for other people to see. A lot of dive shop owners do that.

Check this out.

Note for the admin/mod:

for user like that you may install a great plugin called "miserable user", I use that on my board and what it does is simply pissing people off :
Miserable Users - vBulletin.org Forum

the user can still log in but suffers different probs:
1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

cheers

Rhoody
waaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha that's a gas rhoodi!

Jag

PS
@jigo: what larry has a lot of time to do is whip up ALL of carl's messages...

Back
Top Bottom