Problem with PC interfacing with Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JermD

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with trying to interface with the Wisdom; i.e. downloading dives? I initially installed the software and drivers last year and downloaded my dives to-date with no problems. I've recently tried to download my latest dives using the same software installation but am getting problems talking to the Wisdom. I'm using the same PC, same cable and same Wisdom. I'm using Windows XP and have tried installing the software/drivers on my Windows 2000 PC and downloading but getting the same problem. The error I get is:

"This USB cable is not compatible with WISDOM. Please exit program and exchange with appropriate UBS cable."

[Yes, the error does say "UBS", it's not a typo on my behalf]

The contacts look clean on the Wisdom and the cable is not damaged in any way. I'm very confused as it has worked previously with no problems. I appreciate any help.

I forwarded your issues onto the engineer. They have given us a new Driver, I am hoping it will be posted on the site later this afternoon.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

Have downloaded the new version of the software and it works a treat! Still don't understand why the old version stopped working though.

Thanks for your help.

How new is the driver? My interface works occasionally, when it wants to, as long as the planets are in alignment ect., very frustrating. How can I tell if I have the old driver or need the new one?

Is just the driver updated or the computer interface application as well?

Seems that they have updated the entire program. Thank you everyone for keeping tabs on this since I most likely would have experienced some of the same issues. Just downloaded the updated software.

Seems that they have updated the entire program. Thank you everyone for keeping tabs on this since I most likely would have experienced some of the same issues. Just downloaded the updated software.

Cool.

Could you post a review of the new features/changes?

The USB driver has not been updated as far as I can tell. The current driver for Vista was posted on 5/19/08.

The interface software has been updated as of 12/8/08. Open your Sherwood program, click help, then click about. If your version is not 2.0.4 then you will have to go onto the Sherwood website and download the newer version.

Back
Top Bottom