Pinatubo scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viz is < 1 ft. At least at the surface. I'm pretty sure there are no fish in the lake - plus I don't know any fish that could live in the high sulfur & metal condition up there. There is aquatic vegetation though so I could be wrong.

It's a 1hr off road jeep ride to the base of the crater, then a 2 hour hike up to the ridge of the crater. Then a 15 mins walk down to the lake. You can hire a guide to carry the tanks up for you.

It's a nice view up there and the hike was a good work out. Majority of it is trekking along the ash riverbed and it's the last 30 mins where you hike through light jungle along the stream.

If you do it, let us know how it goes. That would sure be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm up for it Who's sponsoring?

I snorkelled there ealier this year. Nothing to see at snorkel depths. Only signs of life were in the creeks nearby. Some tadpoles. Would not know what to expect at 40 to 60 ft. From the slope near the shore, I gather it gets deep really fast. Would be a pain in the ass to haul up tanks and see nothing . . . but who knows ?

What? Huh? We did what? What did I do?

Ok, it's not that funny....<grrr>

Back
Top Bottom