Diving in/near Torrevieja, Spain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SA Boy

Reaction score
Diver magazine ran a feature on Diving on the Costa Blanca in their April 03 issue. But they focussed on the southernmost part near Murcia and Cabo de Palos.

Has anyone any experience of diving a bit further north up the coast particularly around Torrevieja? I have the use of a house here but don't fancy spending a couple of hours commuting to the other side of Murcia every day for a weeks diving.

Any recommendations welcomed. Thank you

I dived with a club called "Coral" from Santa Pola back in 1999. I don't have contact details but it was run by a guy called John Williams and another chap called Steve. Both were English PADI instructors.
They had a place in La Marina and kept a RHIB at Santa Pola. and took me diving around Illa de Tabarca.

Really nice people and took good care of me as an inexperienced diver at the time.

From memory it was not too far from Torrevieja where I was staying.

All the best,

Chris

http://www.o2dive.org.uk

Chris,

Thank you for the feedback....

I understand that La Marina and Santa Pola are much closer to where I'll be, which is on the north side of Torrevieja.

I've asked someone out there to see if they can find out about Coral.

I'm thinking of going in early June. If I use them I'll let you know how it went.

Many thanks

Philip

On this topic, can someone tell me anything about the diving near Javea/Moraira on the Costa Blanca? I am visiting a friend in July. I was there in Nov and brought my gear with me, but nobody was diving, they told me it was crappy that time of year. Didn't look too crappy to me, but I couldn't find an open dive shop or a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom