Oonas dive club, Sharm ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

I am interested in all comments regarding Oonas diveclub in Naama Bay.
Anyone has experience with them? Especially the quality of their rental gear, boat and guides.. and the nationalities they mostly cater for..

Considering diving with them i January :)
Appriciate it!

Martin, I hope this isn't too late but I just saw your question and I am not always on this board.

I have been to Oonas now 5 times and hope to get to drop in next year in Feb. They are a good organization and I like their boats better than anyone elses. Not that they are a lot different. The crew and the care they give you is what makes them better.

The rental gear is good. I always rent a wetsuit but am planning on renting everything for the next trip so that I can travel lightly. You should be able to search on the board and find pics from a trip I led in Sept/Oct 07. Here are a few links for your viewing pleasure.

Photos Bruce took
More Bruce Photos
Dave's Photos

I would second a two-OK signal for Oonas.

I cannot comment on gear rental - I had my own.
When I was there in May 08, I experienced both of their boats. It was a fairy slow period, so we had 12 divers on a boat that accommodated 24. The crew were very helpful and attentive, and their lunches superb.

The leaders were also excellent - energetic yet relaxed, and when they recognize a good diver they give you good leeway. After diving everyone collects in the courtyard for a few Sakara's and to swap stories. A very social, almost family environment. Brit's, Aussies and Afrikaners on the crew.

I'm Canadian, but everyone else was British on the week that I was there ... they have a loyal following.

I'm planning on going back again this year, and I would not consider staying with anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom