Post liveaboard help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapedia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

After the liveaboard ends, we have 5 days to spend in Palawan. We are planing to get to El Nido or Coron island, either to dive in Coron or just travel/relax.
Does anybody know:
1. How long does it take to get by land from Puerto Princessa to El Nido?
2. How long does it take to get by ferry from Puerto Princessa to Coron and is there a regular ferry service?

Thanks!

Hello,

After the liveaboard ends, we have 5 days to spend in Palawan. We are planing to get to El Nido or Coron island, either to dive in Coron or just travel/relax.
Does anybody know:
1. How long does it take to get by land from Puerto Princessa to El Nido?
2. How long does it take to get by ferry from Puerto Princessa to Coron and is there a regular ferry service?

Thanks!
by land i know it's a loooooooong trip and most probably not very comfy (mountain "roads" and such)

don't know how long a regular ferry goes but i think it's about 6 hours... superferry has a regular trip from puerto princesa to coron town but that's only once a week... negros navigation i believe has the same trip the day before

there is a puddle jumper (plane) that flies PPS to coron but i don't know the flight skeds...

sorry, not that much help...

Jag

Thanks shugar, is negros service is something that you can plan upon, or is it some sort of a bet?

the negros nav and superferrry services are scheduled inter-island ferries (big ships) so you can check them out online

SuperFerry - Aboitiz Transport System Corporation
Negros Navigation Co., Inc.

there may be smaller vessels plying that route but you'll either have to check at the pier itself (you can do this before boarding your liveaboard or after you've settled in and before it leaves)... i don't know if an internet search will churn up anything

Jag

I just did 7 wrecks dives in Coron in Oct. Unreal marine life. I don't go in wrecks so that might be an added bonus if you're into it. But the wrecks are protected and have tons of fish and life all around. Enjoy.

with so much data regarding of how to spend our 5 last days in the Philippines...
Too many options:wink: which makes things "worse".
Maybe Donsol, maybe Apo, maybe El Nido. The only thing that we must take a serious factor is traveling time within the Philippines.

I agree with you, it takes a lot of time to travel within the Philippines. I was in Coron the last week of November, and met a few backpackers that went from Puerto Princessa to El Nido by bus, and then from El Nido to Coron by boat (the MV Jessabel), which will take around 8 hours for 2200 pesos. I was initially thinking of making my way from Coron to Puerto Princessa but didn't really have the time, so ended up just staying in Coron for 5 days and flying back to Manila. You could also fly from Puerto Princessa to Coron via SeaAir (http://www.flyseair.com).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom