help between scuba pro & oceanic delta 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snook1e

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys
Who better to ask than you pros. I am just ending my scuba class and want to buy my gear?
Choices I have looked at.

Scuba pro mk25/s600 vs. Oceanic delta 4 fdx 10.

Any other suggestions of other manufactures.

I have been told that scuba pro is great but over priced. And that there would not be any noticeable difference between these choices? Any suggestions.

Also the oceanic has that dry valve technology. The one shop said that affects its performance? Does it? Should one not select this option.

I would like to dive once a month and on trips max depth 100
I live in Florida no need ever or cold water concerns and I am 58 years old would like to make things easy.

Thanks for your time
Snook1e

Snookie.... I have a Oceanic FDX 10 in service as my primary first stage (it was a yoke DVT reg. when I bought it) but I have since removed that part in order to convert the unit to a DIN fitting. I have noticed no difference in it breathing since removing the DVT pieces were removed. Unit breaths and preforms well to 300fsw.

The only reported effect of the DVT has not been about breathing performance but noise induced by the DVT. This has only been reported by a small number of owners. I myself own 2 Delta IV FDX10 regulators and neither has any odd noises. Breathing performance is superb.
I stay away from Scuba Pro gear due to their anti internet, anti free market atitude. But I think it would be hard for anyone to prove the Scuba pro reg to be as good a performer as the Oceanic. The one complaint some divers have with The Delta IV is it being equipped with a swivel hose which is a non standard part and may be hard to have fixed or replace while on a trip. But on the other hand some divers think so highly of this reg that they have removed the swivel hose and added a standard hose.

That was the first thing I replaced was the swivel hose....then converted the reg. to a DIN fitting.

I would pretty much just echo what the others have said. I have the same Oceanic regulator and have been very happy with it. I cannot speak to much about Scuba Pro, but Oceanic does offer excellent customer service. I don't have a retailer close to me, so I deal directly with the Oceanic for service. (so far only needed on my other equipment) They are very helpful. That would be one thing to look at. What is your access to a retailer that supports either device? I am sure there are plenty of dealers in your area for both, but finding a shop that you are happy with and trust might contribute to your decision.

Back
Top Bottom