Sherwood Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi folks. I just bought a Wisdom II computer and am now looking for a decent regulator to complete my first set-up. After much research I am leaning towards the Oasis. Any comments, concerns kudos I might want to know about before taking the plunge?

I am a big fan of Sherwoods, so I won't dissuade you (others will). But if I was going for that sort of price range, I would put a couple more bucks in and get a Maximus. LP has them on sale of $339 and free shipping at the moment.

im a sherwood fan - have 2 sets of oasis

1 set is 10yrs old and the 2nd set is about 8yrs - for my diving (shore & boat diving, not deep, not cold) they are great and i love them dearly but you should also consider what sort of diving you are doing and if they will suit

cheers

almitywife is correct. It really depends on the type of diving you are doing and what features are most important to you.

The under are hose is a great feature as is the adjustment knob. Also, are you diving in temperate waters? No cold water diving (below 40). If you are diving in warmer waters then the Oasis is just great. If you might dive the colder waters the Maximus is a better option, can do both cold and warmer waters without a hitch.

90% of my diving will be Mexico and Aruba.
I live in NY but will never own or dive a dry suit. It's unlikely I will dive at home unless it's mid summer. (still, I don't know what the temps are 30-60 feet down under the thermoclines in this area... I guess I need to ask some local divers)

I live in NY but will never own or dive a dry suit. It's unlikely I will dive at home unless it's mid summer. (still, I don't know what the temps are 30-60 feet down under the thermoclines in this area... I guess I need to ask some local divers)

Come join us over at DiveNY. water temps can range from the mid 50's to 60's in the summer.

If you want the Oasis, get the blizzard.Even if you don't come around to local diving it will broaden you resale potential.

60 Feet down in NY fresh water can be Blizzard territory in summer.

Pete

Come join us over at DiveNY. water temps can range from the mid 50's to 60's in the summer.
where do you guys dive?

My 2 cents, go with the SR1, it may be more than you want to spend, however saves the upgrade latter. Ice diving etc

Back
Top Bottom