Zeagle Scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colt

Reaction score
Hello, does any one have any info on the Zeagle Scout?
Is $214.95 a good deal on LP? I will only use it 10 times a year, will it hold up good. $200 is my limit is their a comparable BCD for the same price.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Bryan,

:)

have you dove a Scout before? You might want to before plunking down the cashola. $214 ain't much for a BC, but why buy something you may or may not like?

I've had a Zeagle Scout for about a 18 month and love it. My diving with it (about 36 dives) have all been warm water. It's a good travel BC and packs well. The last few dives I was doing my AOW and the instructor spotted why I was having problems with holding my safety stop - all the air was out of the wings, but the bugees were having a parachute effect and bubbles during the dive were getting trapped in the "pockets" created by the bungees. When I got vertical at about 18 feet, they were acting like balloons and I was rising up. Once the bungees came off I've had no problems.

Be careful buying Zeagle over the internet. They do not authorize any internet stores as Zeagle dealers. Zeagle stands behind their products but only when purchased through an authorized dealer. LP isn't a Zeagle dealer (http://zeagle.com/Dealer_pages/NY.dlrs.html). Read the Consumer Alert on Zeagle's site (http://zeagle.com/support.html#caution)

I paid $240 and that included the ripcord weight pockets and all my accessory clips.

I have a Scout and have quite a few dives on it. I purchased it to travel with and it fits the bill nicely. It very well made and I doubt you could possibly wear it out in a lot of years. Mine does not have the optional Rip Cord sytem. I only need 4-8 lbs of weight so I find that I can use just the rear pouches with good sucess. Any more than that and it makes me back heavy and trashes my trim. You can always use a weight belt for some additional weight if you need it. I have not had any problem with the bungies but I usually have almost no air in my BC other than at the surface. The standard Scout comes with a 35lb wing, I understand that there is an optional 25lb one which I would consider getting if I were to order a new one ( I was unaware it was avalible or I would have gotten one). By the way, it weighs a little less than 4 lbs dry.

I prefer the escape by Zeagle. It has a regular integrated weight system. You can pick these up for about $400 from an LDS with the factory warranty.

leadweight once bubbled...
I prefer the escape by Zeagle. It has a regular integrated weight system. You can pick these up for about $400 from an LDS with the factory warranty.

Maybe you missed this part:

"$200 is my limit is their a comparable BCD for the same price."

I did not notice the $200 limit. I hope he manages to find what he wants as that is a tight price range. At least one other post recommended buying from an LDS which would put even the Scout over the $200 limit. Perhaps a search of Ebay is in order.

For what it's worth, LP is where I got the Scout I have. It was around $220 total.

My Scout was purchased through an authorized Zeagle dealer LDS. It was $240 w/ the weight pockets included. I was buying all my gear at one time and did my OW course with them so they did give me a nice deal. There was also (apparently) a new Scout model coming out so they were getting incentives from Zeagle to move the old ones.

Leadweight, $400 for an Escape? My husband's Ranger was around that price. Your LDS must be making a nice buck on their customers.

As I said in my other post above, be careful where you buy your Zeagle. They won't honor any warranties if it's not through an authorized dealer. If you buy from a dealer and anything goes wrong or breaks with normal use, it will be fixed or replaced usually at no charge. Non-dealers are either reselling, buying gray market or passing off something else as being Zeagle. Zeagle's are great BC's, but make sure you get the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom