A few questions about the Palau Aggressor trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joebill

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm on the Jan. 11-18 Palau Aggressor trip and have a some questions I haven't seen before.

My dive bag is getting full so I'm looking to leave some things behind if I can. I've tossed my flip-flops and waterproof beach shoes, but what about towels? I can't remember if the Aggressor boats provide towels or not (I've done Belize and Cayman Aggressors, but that was 13-14 years ago and I don't remember the towels other than the warm towel at the end of the night dives).

For the night dives, does everyone use an electronic glow stick, or do some still use cyalume sticks?

I've got my own safety sausage (which I have had to use before) - leave it at home and use the one the boat provides?

Is is a hassle to take a camera rig to Jellyfish Lake? I assume a strobe wouldn't be necessary if I were to take my camera?

Also, I'm on the 2:30am flight out of Palau to Guam and have read that taxis don't run past 10pm. Is that true? I'm staying at the Palau Royal for a couple of nights after the trip, but the taxi story has me wondering if I have to get to the airport at 10pm for a 2:30am flight?

Thanks.

Jim

Hey I was on the Palau Aggressor this past September.

They do provide towels. There are room towels and post-dive towels so you don't need to bring any.

They had cyalume sticks but only the divemasters were wearing them unless you brought your own.

They had safety sausages available you could use while on the boat if you don't want to bring yours. They asked every buddy pair to have at least one sausage and then they affixed a GPS transmitter to buddy's BCD.

I only have a canon P&S camera, but don't think a strobe would have been needed. You can only snorkel so unless you have good free diving skills I found it was a bit of a challenge to get down under the jellyfish without destroying several thousand with your fins to get shots and a bigger rig would have only added to the challenge. There is also a bit of a hike up and down to even get to the lake. It is very rocky.

I was on a 1:45am to Guam but we had rented a car so I am not sure about taxis. I would think your hotel might have a shuttle or something that you can take. You might also be able to pre-book a taxi. Maybe someone else will know better.

Enjoy it, it's a great boat, staff, and incredible diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom