D90 in a D80 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieByron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Jean.

I recently purchased a Nikon D90 and was comparing its size and button layout with my Nikon D80. I did notice that there is a slightly different button layout on the top of the camera next to the shutter release but I can do without them.

The obvious difference is on the back of the D90 which has larger LCD and completely different button layout.

Is it possible to purchase the rear door off a Ikelite D90 housing and use that in a Ikelite D80 housing?

Regards Aussie

Sorry, but we don't offer the D-90 housing back for sale separately. As you state, it wouldn't provide full functionality with the camera. We also run into several issues with production methods, cost to manufacture, quality control and product warranties.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Sorry, but we don't offer the D-90 housing back for sale separately. As you state, it wouldn't provide full functionality with the camera. We also run into several issues with production methods, cost to manufacture, quality control and product warranties.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Thank you for your response Jean.

As a matter of interest. Would the D90 with the housing back for the D90 fit into a D80 housing?

The four buttons which are not lined up are exposure (which is hotshoed to the iklite housing back), Metering, Release mode, and AF. All of which are rarely changed underwater and I can do without buttons for.

Regards Aussie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom