DS-125 stop firing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schauffrog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,
I have a problem with my DS-125, when shooting in any mode (TTL or not) the flash do not fire, actually trying really hard i can see a very very small flash coming from inside the strobe, the green gauge light comes on normally and the spot light also work.
Any idea what my problem is??
Could be the cable??
Or perhaps is the flash tube?
Please help, I'm on vacation in Florida Keys and would like to use my system soon, I will be doing only 6 dives starting tomorrow and I'm holping to fix this on the next 1 or 2 days.

I have a D80 on Ikelite housing and a DS-125, my system always worked good and have never flooded.

Do notwork in any mode.
I also follow the ikelite guidelines to hard wire the strobe to shoot without the camera plug in and the same problem happen.
Know I'm almost sure that the problem is with the flash tube.
My question know is:
Can i change the tube myself?
Were to buy?
How much cost for IKELITE to do it?
Also i do have DEPP insurance, should i just send to them?

Thanks all,

Erik Schauff
Go down, swin around and come back up..

Sorry to hear of your trouble. This is not a problem you would be able to repair yourself, the strobe must come back to Ikelite for repair. Unfortunately it's impossible to provide a repair estimate without actually evaluating the strobe.

Stephen Frink in Key Largo is definitely a good contact for a possible loaner strobe. The phone number there is #305-451-3737.

If using DEPP insurance, you should call them first and make a claim. Then usually they have you send the strobe in and we contact them for payment.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hi,
I mail the strobe for ikelite it should be there Monday.
I forgot to add my name on the mail but you can check return adress is Pearson College Dr.
Depp told me that they could not open a claim until get some info from ikelite so please let them know if you will not cover the costs they should.
I did try Fring to rent a strobe but his ikelite was awread rented for 2 weeks so I has to use my camera with mo strobe, I did get a couple of interesting shots but noting compete with a good artificial ligth at 120ft.
Please keep me informed.

Best Regards,

Back
Top Bottom