Tank Valve questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Tank Valve questions:

1. Why was the decision made to not use a metal insert in the valve knob?

The subject came up in another thread. I do not really care if you knobs do not have a metal insert in them, because as far as I am concerned a tank valve most important function is to make the tank easy to carry, and yours are the easiest by far. But not having a metal insert apparently bothers some people.

2. Are the only H valves you make 300 bar DIN only? Are they 300 bar DIN only on the H as well?

I would love to have a shop tank with an H valve that let me hook up a DIN and yoke at the same time. And for simplicity's sake I would rather use one brand of valves.

1. Why was the decision made to not use a metal insert in the valve knob? There is a metal insert in the knob. If you do not have a metal insert you can get the handwheel replaced.

The subject came up in another thread. I do not really care if you knobs do not have a metal insert in them, because as far as I am concerned a tank valve most important function is to make the tank easy to carry, and yours are the easiest by far. But not having a metal insert apparently bothers some people.

2. Are the only H valves you make 300 bar DIN only? Are they 300 bar DIN only on the H as well?
Genesis Scuba discontinued the H Valves because of the lack of sell through.

1. Why was the decision made to not use a metal insert in the valve knob? There is a metal insert in the knob. If you do not have a metal insert you can get the handwheel replaced.

I guess you are quoting what I said there in the reply, but that answer confused me.

Do the Genesis valves' knobs have a metal insert? Have they always had an the metal insert?

It depends on which Genesis Valve you are reffering to, but all "current" Genesis valves that leave the warehouse do have the metal insert.

Following up on what you said about the 'H's, does that mean the slant valve is no longer being made by Genesis?

(I am buying most of my gear used at the moment, so I have no idea when it was made.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom