Anyone have an Invicata Subaqua watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam308

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My dive watch band broke after many years of great service and the band replacement is almost as much as the watch cost. Anyway, I'm looking at a new watch and really like the Invicta Subaqua's. They are big and heavy and are rated to 500 meters. Does anyone have any comments on these watches?

Thanks

Last edited:
Invicta seems to have a hit-and-miss quality control based on comments I've seen in the watch enthusiast sites.

I think the one you are considering is about $1000, right? If so, check the link below for a good discussion regarding the best dive watch in this price range.

Personally? I'd go with a Seiko or Citizen at the $500 to $750 range before considering an Invicta.

- Seiko "Sumo" or "Samurai" are incredible values under $500 (google it!)
- Marathon SAR is an incredible value and tough-as-nails! Also under $500.
- even the "run of the mill" Seiko SKX series watches can be found for around $150 and will last 15+ years of tough work and daily abuse.

Best Dive watch under $1K - Watchuseek Watch Forums

The low end Invicta's going for around $100 use Citizen automatic time pieces. They are not well calibrated. If you get one that keeps good time, then you have made out like a bandit. If you want to speand a few hundred, you can get an Invicta that uses an ETA brand internal. ETA is owned by the Swatch Group and is under their umbrella with Omega, Hamilton, Tissot, and other big brands. You can find Seiko automatics for under $200 online. They are a solid watch, keep good time, and easily serviced. If you need/want a Swiss automatic, search for the St Moritz Aquamatic II. It also uses ETA internals. Can be bought for $400 from Scubatoys. com which has great service. I own this watch. I love it. It is, however, designed heavily after the Rolex. It has all the features you want and a renewable warranty up to 6 years if you have it serviced every 2. I have heard good things about the Marathon mentioned.

I have a few Invicta watches and 3 that are automatics, two of them are the cheaper 21 jewel movements that keep OK time, and one of them is a 25 jewel mevement that actually keeps really good time.. It is the Invicta Model 3077. Very heavy watch, it feel really good on my wrist. Some people may not like the Saphire crystal for diving, but all in all it is a great watch. I have never used it for diving, but I would have no problem doing so...

Phil

Well I bought the Invicta Subaqua Noma model 4557. It is by far the biggest watch I have ever owned however it is beautiful! I will have to report back on how things work out but everything should be fine.

Thanks!:):):)

Well, I finally got my new watch wet in Cozumel and I'm not happy. The watch flooded! It is rated for 500 meters and my maximum dept was 90 feet and it is now with water in the case. I would imagine that once a swiss automatic is exposed to salt water, she is a goner.

I will be calling Invicta customer service in the morning.

Hopefully they will cover it... You have not had it all that long... Keep us informed on how they handle this....

Phil

Get yerself a Citizen or Seiko!

I would say yes to a Seiko Diver and no to Citizen just because it's ugly.:D

Anyway, Invicta watches are more like jewelry than performance watches. For $1000+ US, I would have chosen different watches for diving. A Seiko diver's automatic can be bought online (full, authentic serial numbers & factory warranties) for less than $200.

Slap on a $20 Maratac Zulu 4-rings watch band and you have a nearly indestructible dive watch.

Here's the Seiko SK007 in action.:eyebrow: Yes, yes, it does look like a Rolex, but what's so bad about that?
HT.jpg

I would say yes to a Seiko Diver and no to Citizen just because it's ugly.:D

Anyway, Invicta watches are more like jewelry than performance watches. For $1000+ US, I would have chosen different watches for diving. A Seiko diver's automatic can be bought online (full, authentic serial numbers & factory warranties) for less than $200.

Slap on a $20 Maratac Zulu 4-rings watch band and you have a nearly indestructible dive watch.

Here's the Seiko SK007 in action.:eyebrow: Yes, yes, it does look like a Rolex, but what's so bad about that?
HT.jpg

Not all the Citizen are ugly.. :no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom