Aeris Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Currently have an Aeris Atmos-II, but considering air integrated. Any opinions on the Aeris Elite T-3 (I have found some really good deals on it - $800). Thanks.

I've been diving with the Elite T3 for a little over a year.
Easy to read, easily configured alerts (on screen or on computer), nitrox capable.
It took some practice to get comfortable with all of the modes/settings, but this is probably similar between all dc's.
My first had two issues which Aeris covered under warranty - it 'thought' it was one altitude level higher than actual (good for safety, bad for NDL) and there was a glitch causing actual depth to
go off the chart when it lost contact with the transmitter. I dove the replacement in GC in October and it was flawless.

Thanks. Is Sladerer the only one out there with an opinion on a T3?

I dive with the Oceanic VT3 (same computer) and love it. I have over 200 dives on this computer (third battery, though the second one was a cheap RatShack battery which lasted 3 dives). As an instructor I want to know I can trust my equipment while I have the lives of my students in my hands and that's what the VT3 provides to me. Confidence that it is accurate and robust.

I dive with an Elite T3 and love it. I fully agree with Sladerer as to the readability, alerts, etc. I do, however have the same issue as it goes off the chart when it loses contact with the AI transmitter. This does not happen often and does not seem to affect the overall performance of the unit.

Should I return for replacement?

The other issue I have is the included software. It's like one step above MS-DOS! No customizable print formats. Sometimes fails to save info you add post-dive.

Anyone have a suggestion for better software that is compatible with the Elite T-3?

I have the Elite T3 also. It works fine except losing the pressure every now and then when diving.
It is a crap shoot when trying to upload the dives to the laptop. It nevers saves them all. It stays on the DC though, so I have to enter the data manually.

Loses pressure every now and then, randomly goes off the chart and the software is crap? I guess I am changing my question. Why would I spend $800 (on sale) on something like this. Are there better AI computers out there?

I would not purchase this item again.

It would be beter to get one without AI and just use a simple analog SPG. I carry an analog SPG now since the pressure reading comes and goes.

Mrs DS and I both dive the Aeris Atmos Ai, and love them. As I understand, the Atmos Ai is pretty much a non-hoseless T3, except not wireless.

We've not used the computer download programs, so I can't comment on that.

Otherwise, this might be a good choice is you can forego the hoselessness.
DS

Anyone have a suggestion for better software that is compatible with the Elite T-3?

I am working on an OpenSource dive computer library which will be used by some dive software (I use DivingLog 4.0 myself - Diving Log 4.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen). If you'd like to help, you can follow the instructions here:

libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers.

And then email it to me and/or Jef (pm me for my email).

The on-going library project is hosted here: Dive Computer Library Portal • Portal (my site) and on Jef's site list above.

Anyone with a Pelagic computer can also help out using the given instructions. Any help is great appreciated and will lead to more stable software quicker.

As for the Elite T3, it is the same as my VT3 and I will have some 'download-to-UDDF' code working soon which will allow you to import into any software that supports UDDF-import.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom