Fiji in March...Help Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DScott

New
Reaction score
I am looking at booking a 1-2 week trip to Fiji in early March 2009. Beqa Lagoon Resort seems to get great reviews and they have a good package rate (that includes a flight from LAX) so I was considering that as at least one place to stay but it does not appear to have any availability for the dates I am looking at.

As a result, I starting to think about another location on Viti Levu. I am thinking about also staying for a few additional days at a second island that is a bit more remote and different from Viti Levu.

My primary considerations are the following:
- Great shore diving (my girlfriend and I do a fair amount of freediving as well as scuba and it is great to be able to jump in the water right from the resort)
- Nice resort environment with lots of activities (i.e., we will not be diving all day every day)
- Sensible price (but certainly not looking for the cheapest available)

Any recommendations and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Beqa Lagoon diving is fabulous! If you can't get into Beqa Lagoon Resort, which is terrific, why not try Lalati resort. It's also on Beqa island, smaller and has lots of activities too. I was there 2 years ago, now they have new owners and I've booked a trip for my husband and I for October. The new owners seem really great, and the house reef is wonderful. It's a muck dive where you can see so many little critters, I was amazed. Things I couldn't even find in the books.

The staff is the same they tell me, and they are starting to take reservations from January on. If you want to contact the booking person directly, the address I used to book was info@lalatifiji.com. They have some good activities and fun staff. The kayaking "through" the island was really fun. They also take you to the main island for other activities. I personaly really enjoyed the spa. Price was the same as Beqa lagoon Resort - I booked their DEMA dive show special they have running. So check with them.

Other good dive places outside of beqa would be Nanuya Island Resort (white sand beaches, different kind of diving) and Matava (for a more rustic and really really remote resort) on Kadavu.

Hope that helps and ENJOY YOUR DIVING!

i recommend octopus resort, likuliku bay, waya island.

12-15m reef right off the beach. their own boat, approximately 30 dive sites in their playground and the best kokoda (fish marinated in lime and coconut milk) i have ever tasted in my life

Do Beqa and then Wananavu Beach Resort, but contact the resort, and not Kaiviti Divers! Trip report going up now, still working on all of it, but a lot up now: Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services
and:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services
820__MG_0243_Group_Shot_Beqa_2008.jpg

Papa Bear,

Nice photos & videos, thanks. I'm heading to Beqa Lagoon Resort & Wananavu last week of May, for 2 weeks. Can't wait, especially after seeing the shark feeding video. Was to
Wananavu about 3 years ago, nice place, never to Beqa though. Looking forward to the trip report. Thanks Richie

I've done, and enjoyed, both Beqa and Wananavu but they're very different places to dive. My experience with Wananavu was higher current, deeper, and more challenging diving. We tended to see bigger animals at Wananavu. Beqa had more bommies and flurries of fish.

Just thought I'd mention the difference.

Did you figure our your Fiji trip? I don't know if it will work for you, but we have a group going to Beqa Lagoon at the end of March (March 30 - April 11) and there are still 4 spots available. Great group of divers.

i recommend octopus resort, likuliku bay, waya island.

12-15m reef right off the beach. their own boat, approximately 30 dive sites in their playground and the best kokoda (fish marinated in lime and coconut milk) i have ever tasted in my life

GOOD GOD YES!!!!

I went to octopus in oct-nov 07, and the place is incredible... I did my cert there.

can you take me and my wife too??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom