Teledyne R-17D vs. R-17MED sensor [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Teledyne R-17D vs. R-17MED sensor

Sponsored Link

kidsdream
December 15th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I was able to pick up a Teledyne MX300 Oxygen monitor (the DX300 is a virtual clone except for the color) for next to nothing on ebay - the standard Diving O2 testers were going for 3 times as much. And the the MX/DX is a microprocessor controlled unit that can be set with high and low limits for continuous testing -- maybe time to set-up a high end gas banking in outfit in the Keys.

I can't imagine there really is any difference except for the required medical grade certification between the R-17D vs. the 17Med. I need to pick up a new sensor as the one that came with the unit (looks like it was never used) was open and is no longer functional.I want to find out if there is a difference between the sensors before I order a new one.

Thanks in advance

deepstops
December 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I was able to pick up a Teledyne MX300 Oxygen monitor (the DX300 is a virtual clone except for the color) for next to nothing on ebay - the standard Diving O2 testers were going for 3 times as much. And the the MX/DX is a microprocessor controlled unit that can be set with high and low limits for continuous testing -- maybe time to set-up a high end gas banking in outfit in the Keys.

I can't imagine there really is any difference except for the required medical grade certification between the R-17D vs. the 17Med. I need to pick up a new sensor as the one that came with the unit (looks like it was never used) was open and is no longer functional.I want to find out if there is a difference between the sensors before I order a new one.

Thanks in advance

Teledyne doesn't specify the mv output for that version of the R-17(Med) sensor but my guess is it's identical.
Just for the record, a lot of us have given up on Teledyne and switched to these guys: Mainline Medical, Inc. :: Manufacturer Index :: Sensoronics :: Oxygen Sensors :: Sensoronics 02 sensor—Replaces Teledyne R17 and Catalyst (MSA) 406931 (http://www.mainlinemedical.com/mm/product.php?productid=519&cat=0&page=1)
My sensors from Oxycheq were lasting under a year and they said "it's the nature of the beast" so I moved on.

kidsdream
December 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I might give those guys a try. I need to get a sensor to verify that my new purchase truly works - it has a fully automatic calibration mode (O2 or Air).

Thanks again.

Teledyne doesn't specify the mv output for that version of the R-17(Med) sensor but my guess is it's identical.
Just for the record, a lot of us have given up on Teledyne and switched to these guys: Mainline Medical, Inc. :: Manufacturer Index :: Sensoronics :: Oxygen Sensors :: Sensoronics 02 sensorͳeplaces Teledyne R17 and Catalyst (MSA) 406931 (http://www.mainlinemedical.com/mm/product.php?productid=519&cat=0&page=1)
My sensors from Oxycheq were lasting under a year and they said "it's the nature of the beast" so I moved on.

mbsdiver
January 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.teledyne-ai.com/pdf/r-17med.pdf

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1