Teledyne R-17D vs. R-17MED sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsdream

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was able to pick up a Teledyne MX300 Oxygen monitor (the DX300 is a virtual clone except for the color) for next to nothing on ebay - the standard Diving O2 testers were going for 3 times as much. And the the MX/DX is a microprocessor controlled unit that can be set with high and low limits for continuous testing -- maybe time to set-up a high end gas banking in outfit in the Keys.

I can't imagine there really is any difference except for the required medical grade certification between the R-17D vs. the 17Med. I need to pick up a new sensor as the one that came with the unit (looks like it was never used) was open and is no longer functional.I want to find out if there is a difference between the sensors before I order a new one.

Thanks in advance

I was able to pick up a Teledyne MX300 Oxygen monitor (the DX300 is a virtual clone except for the color) for next to nothing on ebay - the standard Diving O2 testers were going for 3 times as much. And the the MX/DX is a microprocessor controlled unit that can be set with high and low limits for continuous testing -- maybe time to set-up a high end gas banking in outfit in the Keys.

I can't imagine there really is any difference except for the required medical grade certification between the R-17D vs. the 17Med. I need to pick up a new sensor as the one that came with the unit (looks like it was never used) was open and is no longer functional.I want to find out if there is a difference between the sensors before I order a new one.

Thanks in advance

Teledyne doesn't specify the mv output for that version of the R-17(Med) sensor but my guess is it's identical.
Just for the record, a lot of us have given up on Teledyne and switched to these guys: Mainline Medical, Inc. :: Manufacturer Index :: Sensoronics :: Oxygen Sensors :: Sensoronics 02 sensor—Replaces Teledyne R17 and Catalyst (MSA) 406931
My sensors from Oxycheq were lasting under a year and they said "it's the nature of the beast" so I moved on.

I might give those guys a try. I need to get a sensor to verify that my new purchase truly works - it has a fully automatic calibration mode (O2 or Air).

Thanks again.

Teledyne doesn't specify the mv output for that version of the R-17(Med) sensor but my guess is it's identical.
Just for the record, a lot of us have given up on Teledyne and switched to these guys: Mainline Medical, Inc. :: Manufacturer Index :: Sensoronics :: Oxygen Sensors :: Sensoronics 02 sensorͳeplaces Teledyne R17 and Catalyst (MSA) 406931
My sensors from Oxycheq were lasting under a year and they said "it's the nature of the beast" so I moved on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom