Suunto D9 - switch gas mixture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randyg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a new D9. So far so good, but I can't figure out how to change gas mixes. I've programmed in mix2 and mix3 and enabled them, but I don't know how to make the switch. The manual says you can make changes to gas mixes during the dive. I want to make the change on the surface, between dives. help!

I have a new D9. So far so good, but I can't figure out how to change gas mixes. I've programmed in mix2 and mix3 and enabled them, but I don't know how to make the switch. The manual says you can make changes to gas mixes during the dive. I want to make the change on the surface, between dives. help!

Can't you cycle through them on the surface when you change to nitrox mode? Or are you stuck with the default nitrox setting before you dive?

edit: After speaking to a friend, I think you may need to actually edit the mixes between the dive to change it. I'm not 100% sure though, and the manual isn't clear. Hopefully someone else has first hand experience - I haven't used mine with nitrox so I'm not sure if there's an easier way to toggle them.

Of course, on the dive, it's the up button to scroll and then select button to select.

Suunto - Downloadable Manuals - SUUNTO D9 - Diving Instruments

Last edited:
Mix 1 is always your "Back gas" attached to your pressure transmitter. On the surface you can program Mix 2 and 3 but can not "switch" to them until you're underwater. Remember your pressure transmitter only works with Mix 1.

When diving Nitrox I normally set up Mix 1 to be my back gas (32-36%) and have Mix 2 set up to air(21%) in the event of an out of air situation where I use a buddy's air or drop tank. I use Mix 3 for accellerated deco mixes when doing deep dives.

dp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom