"Simply The Best" or "Daedalus, Rocky, St Johns" in early June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamieson

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning a liveaborad trip to southern red sea during later May to earlier June. So right now we are struggling with the routing selection:

"Simply The Best" or "Daedelus, Rocky, St Johns' in early June

we knew april still be sweep current in brothers, so just afraid the weather and current in brothers during this specific season will destory our vocation.

any advice?

TKS in advanced.

One thing that you should keep in mind is that even if it's easier diving with less current there is better chances for sharks with strong current. No current=No sharks... Also; most people think of current as a problem and that's because they only remember the times they had to swim against it. When you're on a liveaboard in the Red Sea you will always dive with the current. The guide will go (at least this is what I do) out in the zodiac before every dive and make a current check. Then plan the dive and brief you so that you will have an as safe and easy dive as possible.
If you want to read more about how to dive with, and use the currents in the Red Sea; check out my web site WELCOME TO AZIAB and go to LIVEABOARD.

There are other things that are important as well... Marine life and what's going on around the reefs. May to June is actually one of the best times for Daedalus because the chances to see large congregations of hammerheads.
If you want to see a "time table" for what's going on in different areas of the Red Sea during different part of the year you can check out my website WELCOME TO AZIAB and go to YEARLY CYCLE.

...a...
Red Sea Expert ;o)
WELCOME TO AZIAB

May to June is actually one of the best times for Daedalus because the chances to see large congregations of hammerheads.

I did this route in June 2007 I don't recall seeing hammerheads on Deadalus, I was there again last month and we did see them :)

Just proves you just never know and last month we had flat calm conditions at the Brothers something I had never experienced before :wink:

I did this route in June 2007 I don't recall seeing hammerheads on Deadalus, I was there again last month and we did see them :)

Man you must have been so unlucky... Sorry to hear that. 2007 was really good for hammerheads there...

Just proves you just never know and last month we had flat calm conditions at the Brothers something I had never experienced before :wink:

It does happens that it#s flat now and then even if it is more common with rough conditions. Most of the time when it is flat you have a mild wind from the south which is called aziab and then after a few days of that the northern wind really kicks in with full power and it is almost impossible to go out in the zodiacs. Most guests love it when it is flat but we who live and work here always get a bit suspicious...

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom