Sunto Stinger PC Transfer Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funkcanna

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I got the Stinger Dive Manager Cradle and Software. I bought a 3rd Party Serial to USB converter (Ednet) and I cannt get it to work!

The Dive Manager says Profile Memory Time out.

I have checked the connectors and even used another cradle but same issue!

Can anyone help? Do I need to buy the overly priced Suunto Serial to USB converter?

Those serial to USB converters are hit or miss. Some chipsets work better than others, some even need a driver for windows. Try Keyspan serial to USB adapters if you can find one they are pretty reliable.

had the same; it works as follows:
1. attach the usb2serial cable & connect the stinger cradle & computer.
2. reboot PC (with the cable & computer attached).
3. start SDM.
4. enjoy!

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but on the Gekko, under PC Set for downloading, I didn't realize I had to press the select button at this screen. I figured it said PC set and tried to download but wouldn't work, came up with a time out error as well. Could this be the same issue perhaps,

have you tried assigning another COM# (port number) to the usb2serial cable?

I looked at the manual,seems pretty basic, are you running xp or vista?

Never mind...you got it....Congrats..

OK, I must be brain-dead or something. I recently picked up a Suunto Stinger from a friend, and it included the PC link. I dowloaded the latest Dive Manager program from the Suunto website that supports the Stinger, hooked up the cable to my "com" port on my computer, set my Stinger to "TR-PC", put it in the cradle, and nada, zip, nothing happened. The program says that it can't detect any dive computer... I changed "com" ports, as well, but to no avail. Stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. How should the Stinger be installed in the cradle? Is it screen up, screen down, with the water sensor facing the prongs in the cradle, etc... I am a bit frustrated, and any help would be appreciated...

water sensor (not the black pressure sensor) should be facing the prongs; face up.
you'll know it is in proper contact when it displays "ACW" on the screen. (even without hook up the cable to PC yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom