Download dive data - Wisdom 2 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fly-fisher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First off I love my new Wisdom 2 computer,and I recently received a new USB interface cable for it. After some fiddling I was able to access the stored dives, and download them. Strangely, the software only recognizes the newer 19 dives (of 40 some). I can still view the older dives in the dive computer memory (log) but they don't show up in the software d/l interface (Sherwood Computer Interface 2.0.4). I can also d/l newer dives.

I have contacted Sherwood support and was told that I needed to send my computer in for "service," but that doesn't make sense as what are they going to do software-wise? Has anyone else had a a similar problem and solved it? A friend with the same computer (I bought it on his rec) had the same problem and wasn't able to ever d/l those dives.

Depending on the sampling rate, there may be less logged profiles than logged dives. I'll try to explain. There are 3 chunks to the memory of Pelagic dive computers. The logged profiles are split in the logbook ringbugger and the profile ringbuffer. The logbook entries are just headers for each profile. The last chunk is the dive history ringbuffer. Since the profile ringbuffer can wrap at a high sample rate BEFORE the dive history ringbuffer, there might be fewer dives for download than what you see on the LCD history.

According to our software engineer; number of dives profile can be store into the memory is depending on dive sample rate regardless of number of dives from the dive computer log. The longer time you stay underwater, the less number of dives that you can download profile. Please save the following info that related number of dives can be stored in memory:

WISDOM

Sample Rate
Max Time Under Water

60 secs
50-60 hours

30 secs
25-30 hours

15 secs
12.5-15 hours

2 secs
1.7-2.0 hours

When the later dive profile get to the last space of memory, it will go back to the beginning of the memory to continue saving the profile. As a result, whatever earlier dive profile that saved in the beginning of memory will be replaced with the later dive profile (FIRST IN, FIRST OUT).

Back
Top Bottom