How many cutting tools?

How many cutting tools do you carry on an "average" dive?

• None - I dive naked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 small (4" or smaller) knife

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • 1 large knife

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 1 pair of shears

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • 2 knives

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • 1 knife and 1 pair of shears

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • 2 knives and 1 pair of shears

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • I dive ready to do battle with the Lambton worm...

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How many cutting tools do you carry on an "average" dive?

Currently using small Knife on harness, line cutter in pocket, shears in pocket. Sometimes I'll add a large Knife/Tool with a chisel point.

I take shears, a small knife and a small line cutter.

I carry a small knife, EMT shears, and bolt cutters.

(one of the above is not true)

Trauma shears and a small blunt tip knife. The shears are for cutting the [expletive deleted] Spiderwire and the knife is for prying and hacking...or stabbing my buddy in case we're being chased by a shark. I'd give up the knife before the shears.

Re option 8: in brief, according the English legend, the lampton worm was a giant magical snake that would heal almost instantly when cut. It used to terrorise villages, eat damsels in distress etc., and bold Sir John Lampton determined to kill the worm and sought counsel from a wise witch, who told him to fight the worm in a river, and to cover his armour with knives. So when the worm wrapped around him it would be cut to pieces, and washed away in the river.

Lambton Worm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I carry a small knife and a line cutter on my BCD harness, frequently a larger knife with chisel tip on my leg. I just added shears to my kit this summer but do not always take them down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom