Internal Flight info please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russ_UK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm going to Coron in late January for 2 weeks & then getting the ferry back to Manila & staying for 4 nights. During these 4 days I'm hoping to make a trip to Cebu to visit a friend (will only have a small bag for hand luggage) & to return to Manila the following day, so will probably be fly out on the Tuesday & return on Wednesday.
What is the best, easiest & cheapest way to sort out internal flights for this ? Can they be booked on the day or should they be booked in advance - if yes - how far in advance ?
How early do I need to arrive at the airport before the flight leaves ?
Any tips / advice ?

Thanks in advance :)

there's a flight from puerto princesa to cebu.... but it's about P6,000 one-way around that time (chinese new year).

1hr - 1.5hr is early enough if you're going to the domestic airport. Cebu pacific would be good if you just have a small bag (>15kg). Flights to Cebu are frequent but that's around chinese new year so booking earlier the better. Also, fares are usually discounted 3 weeks before the flight.

Hope that helps.

to save time and money, try to book flight home out of cebu instead of manila. there are some airlines that fly directly in and out of cebu. you may also take a puddle jumper from coron to puerto princesa.

if you need to get from manila to cebu and back the cheapest is cebu pacific - BUT sometimes you can get a good rate on PAL as well...

if you're not picky both airlines have rock-bottom rates for lousy seats and no food (pal econo light fares)... but it's a 1 hour flight - who cares

you dont' need to book in advance but you always run the risk of not getting on a flight - cebu pacific and PAL are in 2 different terminals about 3km apart... it's not like you can hop from 1 ticket counter to another canvassing the best flight...

go online
Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies
Philippine Airlines | Home

Jag

Thanks for your replies, but I have not made any mention about going to Puerto, I will want to fly form Manila to Cebu and to return the following day as my flight home to the UK is already booked & will be going from Manila.
Thanks Jag - will check out the links you posted, as you mentioned it's only a short flight so the cheap option sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom