Conception Bay- best time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Diver68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to see Newfoundland and dive Conception Bay. When is it best to go to get warm surface temps between dives and for the best chance to see whales?

Best time to head up is in june so you can see the ice burges.. I went up usually then end of july to catch the george street festival. Vis wasn't great this year when we went. As for temps. ther is only a 4ft tide change up there. So there is a thermo cline at 50'. Goes from a Balmy 55F down to a fridged 34F.. The bell island wrecks of Conception bay are really great to dive. There are four of them for the novice to the experienced diver. Check with ocean quest ask for Rick, or check with Pro-Dive Marine Services - 709-368-7666

Thank you, I checked out Ocean Quests web site and it looks fantastic. I could go for the 63degree water temps rather than the much colder. I'll contact them to find out when the temps are warmest.

Back
Top Bottom