CNS and OTU's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imasinker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I posted this here becuase I think most of you advanced divers may be able to help me with my search. I am looking for data and or information in regards to exposure limits and effects of both CNS and the OTU's for diving. Any help would ge greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Do you mean tables quantifying CNS and OTU limits/decay, the theory behind them, or both?

Most training materials for introductory tech diving courses (like Advanced Nitrox, Recreational Trimix, and so forth) provide tables for quantifying exposure and articulate a procedure for planning dives that maintains exposure below levels deemed acceptable by the course designer.

There's obviously a lot more to the science than that, of course.

I want to know how these tables were designed and how they came to conclusions on acceptable levels, what the effects are and in easy terms, just what the hell these are doing to us when we are diving. Just looking for some good source material to read and better understand.

I am looking for data and or information in regards to exposure limits and effects of both CNS and the OTU's for diving.

Are you looking for the tables, or information about the symptoms of oxygen toxicity? There will be some discussion of oxygen toxicity (mostly CNS) in any Nitrox text. You might also find some good reading HERE, in the recommended reading list on oxygen in the Rubicon Foundation archives.

... Just looking for some good source material to read and better understand.

Previous posts give you access to all of the specifics. My only suggestion is to start with a copy of the "NOAA Diving Manual - Diving for Science and Technology". It is a nice overview, covers a lot, and is quite readable.

Stay safe.

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I understand my question left a big area to try and cover and enlist information on. The articles you have posted have been very helpfull.

Thanks again!

Gene's a treasure . . . Not just assembling the recommended reading lists for Rubicon, but writing Wikipedia articles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom