Lonely Xmas eve in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

localdivah

Contributor
Reaction score
Shanghai mainly, Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing, Boston
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks,

The good news is that I managed to get out to the Philippines for a week between Xmas and NY's. The bad news is that my flight doesn't arrive until the night of Xmas eve, and I won't be able to get to PG that day.

Any advice from Manila locals on where I should lay my head down? Cheap would be nice (I'm on my own) and also somewhere convenient to catch an early bus to Batangas Pier. I've been directed to Swagman's, and I suppose that's a convenient fall-back, but am open to better ideas.

Second, I don't know anyone in Manila, but would be good to spend a few hours on Xmas eve with others. Any events or gettogethers that I can crash?

Going WAY out on a limb here.......

Stay at City State in Ermita, catch their morning bus to PG, go to LA Cafe and you will not be alone for more than 47.65 seconds. Have a really lovely Christmas!!!

agree on staying at city state... option can also be lotus garden... same owners i think...

they also have a bus to PG or can fix it up for you

that area should be hopping on xmas eve - worst case, bring yourself to a major hotel (i reco the sofitel) it's not cheap but it's 100% sure to be open on xmas eve (the whole country shuts down you see)

Jag

oh- bars close on christmas eve here, too? it wasn't like that in 2006!

You can also try Sulo Hotel or Fersal Inn - they're relatively cheap and close to the bus terminal in Edsa cor. GMA Kamuning. But you'll have to cab it there (5-10 mins)

oh- bars close on christmas eve here, too? it wasn't like that in 2006!
not all... there would be those - mostly in hotels - that will be open, especially for non-locals who don't have family affairs to attend to...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom