How many calories do I burn diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I just read up that I can burn about 437 calories per hour while diving... Okay that's better than my gym membership which I seldom use...

So who wants to burn calories with me at Monterey....

I just read up that I can burn about 437 calories per hour while diving... Okay that's better than my gym membership which I seldom use...

I read that somewhere a while back, too. Then I thought about how I dive and figured it couldn't be true. Rolling off of a boat, then meandering around and mostly hanging out in the water column sure doesn't burn that many calories for me. :wink:

But then some people scull, kick like crazy, and are grossly overweighted, so it *could* be possible to burn that many calories, especially if they're shore diving Monastery or some of the Garrapata/Big Sur sites. :eyebrow:

I'll burn some calories with you, but I'm not sure it'll be enough to offset that after-dive pizza at Gianni's.

LOL,

That is truly the truth, LOL... On a serious note, Devin I need to get in a dive with you. I'm on X-mas break already but I'm moving and should be done today. I'd like to do a simple Break Water dive out to the Metridiums or the wall, just 2 dives.

I would be diving wet since my drysuit class is not until the first week of January. I would be a good candidate as a buddy since I know the i3 up and personal :)

MG

When the conditions are right I think North Monastery is easier to dive than breakwater :wink: :D.

Good luck with the move Mike, mine is going to happen whenever my bank funds my loan!! GRRR stupid holidays! :wink: Er no really, I LOVE Christmas. Either way I SHOULD have "garage access" by Friday so im still planning to head down to Fresno this weekend and get all my stuff outa storage and at least stick it in the garage. Ill have no chance of finding people to help me move over new years.

The funny thing is that I tend to try and MINIMIZE any physical activity during diving, by staying still and moving as little as possible. That can't be a great form of aerobic exercise!

Most of the calories are burned passively as your body tries to maintain core temperature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom