Best price on a Suunto Vytec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spray25

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals!! I think it is time to buy a new vytec!!

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a great price anywhere lately? If yes, please share!!

Here's what I have so far:
LP = $849
Dive Inn = $941
Diverswholesale = $799

I got a quote from Alantis Scuba Supply and he sent the following:

1) Suunto Vytec = USD439
2) Suunto Vytec with transmitter =USD729

don't know how they area to deal with personally, but have heard positive things on the board in their dealings with others

www.simplyscuba.com 532.44

transmitter is an extra 390.00

You get 17.5 %(VAT) off of those prices if not shipped to a european country. So shipped to your door in the U.S. it would come to about 818.00. Also if you email them and it is your first time buying from them they will often send you a 5% off coupon.

I think you can also get the 5% by referring a friend if i remember right.Look through the site carefully and you should find something on saving that additional 5%. Thats what i did when i purchased mine a while back.

I bought my Vytec and transmitter from Atlantic Scuba Supply not that long ago. Apparently their prices went up a smidge, but that's still a great deal. I'd recommend them.

Hi

Don't bother with the transmitter you don't need it. Reasons;

1. I bought one with my Vytec and soon removed it because its too big and bulky. It blocked some ports on my reg making LP hoses hard to fit.

2. Its not DIR (OK OK but it was one of MY reasons)

3. I still used a standard SPG for backup which never went wrong

4. It doesn't check gas in your stages or pony

5. It promotes a dependence on your computer which I have since learnt is wrong and very bad

6. On one dive it lost the signal and I found out that all the above were true.

I'm going to put mine on ebay when I get round to it.

For the money you can buy yourself something much better. In fact if you bought a DIRF course you could then just buy an Uwatec Bottom timer and perhaps even go on holiday with the difference !!

I like my Vytec but since my DIRF its been relegated to my left wrist as a backup. Even though its in gauge mode and shows seconds my Uwatec bottom timer needs to ascend slower and so I watch that more. 700$ ish for a backup timer ?? If only I'd done my DIRF before I spent my money :)

I know some folks have had trouble with the trasmitter but mine has been fine. It is very convenient to simply look at the wrist for all info, including air. I also like the feature that estimates remaining air time. The best of all is once you download to the PC and the air info comes along too. Really lets you re-live the dive: depth, time, and air.

I do use a backup presure guage, clipped off dir style but I never have to look at it - it just stays out of the way. But, it's there should I need it.

Oh ya, I got mine from SimplyScuba but since then their price has gone up some.

That's what I'm after Dolphin!

So $729 is the best? Come on somebody must have a secret website for me :wink: I promise I have TOP SECRET security clearance.

Change the ''tec" to "per" and you not only save yourself a ton of dough, but also get something that is much more useful, at a much cheaper price. Gauge mode is all you need for technical diving. Now, if you are just a recreational single tank diver, and if you want to have a top of the line air integrated puter that you can switch to three different gases, then knock yourself out.

The Vytec is one of those "gadgets" that the geek that got kicked and punched in school every day as a kid who now writes programs for Microsoft or is some type of pansy engineer who goes on one or two dive trips a year HAS TO HAVE...

More money than you know what to do with....
I wish I was in your shoes...

Uh... wait a minute, not I dont, I like being a dive Instructor...

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Change the ''tec" to "per" and you not only save yourself a ton of dough, but also get something that is much more useful, at a much cheaper price. Gauge mode is all you need for technical diving. Now, if you are just a recreational single tank diver, and if you want to have a top of the line air integrated puter that you can switch to three different gases, then knock yourself out.

The Vytec is one of those "gadgets" that the geek that got kicked and punched in school every day as a kid who now writes programs for Microsoft or is some type of pansy engineer who goes on one or two dive trips a year HAS TO HAVE...

More money than you know what to do with....
I wish I was in your shoes...

Uh... wait a minute, not I dont, I like being a dive Instructor...

Well excuse the SH** out of me. Next time I'll make sure I get your ok before I consider a piece of equipment. After all as an instructor you know everything about me, my diving, and what I should have.

I'm really not sure why you felt the need to attack or insult me, but I'm sure you feel better about yourself now.

Back
Top Bottom