Annual OCA New Year's Day Dive is ON!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SadiesMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, folks, it's once again time for the annual New Year's Day dive at Fort Wetherill, sponsored by Old Colony Amphibians. Registration is at 11:30, dive is at noon. The raffle will take place after the dive, along with yummy food - I'll be bringing a big old crockpot full of North Carolina style pork BBQ! (still not sure if I'm diving yet :wink: )

See ya there!

Sadiesmom

Im itching to get back in. Hope the weather cooperates. What means of warmth is available after the dive or do we stand around outside afterwards. Does the DEM allow a fire of some sort ?

I may look to get a buddy for a quick 20-30 min dive if things are looking good.

Im itching to get back in. Hope the weather cooperates. What means of warmth is available after the dive or do we stand around outside afterwards. Does the DEM allow a fire of some sort ?

I may look to get a buddy for a quick 20-30 min dive if things are looking good.
We have a heated truck.

We have a heated truck.
Sorry, I should have given more info. We usually rent a uhaul truck. One of our members has a generator which is used to power a heater to warm up the cargo area where you can get changed. It is always a good time. A few of us usually get to the cove in the morning,spread the shells and go for a quick dive then start setting up. I usually do the clip board signing in and out of the water so if you are there, say hello.

Back
Top Bottom