Manila Airport Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been busy searching the web as well as the PPD forum for budget hotels near the airport in Manila.

An obvious choice is the Manila Airport Hotel... I stayed there last time and while it's close, at ~$65 CDN, it's not that much of a budget place for one person. (Plus they haven't responded to my reservation enquiry yet.)

I came across a post of Zee's suggesting the Citystate Tower in Malate and while it's a possiblity, I'm also considering this place: Kayaban Hotel Pasay. They have teeny-tiny rooms for $21US(!), including a shower apparently. Has anyone ever stayed here? According to their map and Google's, they're extremely close to the airport ('3km', says Google.)

Also a suggestion... any thoughts on making a thread like this a sticky? It seems many people ask this question about hotels close to the airport. Just a thought... :)

I use the Malate Pensionne quite a bit Malate Pensionne

I think the "high end" room runs about P1200 - P1500 and you can get dorm room for a lot less if you just need a place to crash for a night.

Close to Robinsons and Malate circle, plenty of internet cafes and bars nearby. 5 mins from City State Towers if you are getting the Sikat bus to PG.

HTH

Thank you! It DOES indeed help! My Google travels did not find that place.

I just need a place for a few hours as I don't get in to MNL until 10:15pm and have a flight to DGT at 7am, but I also need a hot shower, too. :wink: I'll definitely consider staying there... especially on exit as I'll have more time in Manila to wander around.

Thx, Matt!

BTW, did you ever take a taxi from the airport to the hotel or back? If so, how long would you say it took?

Anna, Matt is based in Dauin/Dumaguete. He operates a dive shop there (Dauin, Matt?).
I had a look at the link in Matt's sig line once before... Atlantis and Atmosphere are both way out of my price range from what I recall. :wink: Is there another I should be aware of? (I'm currently booking with El D.)

Thank you! It DOES indeed help! My Google travels did not find that place.

I just need a place for a few hours as I don't get in to MNL until 10:15pm and have a flight to DGT at 7am, but I also need a hot shower, too. :wink: I'll definitely consider staying there... especially on exit as I'll have more time in Manila to wander around.

Thx, Matt!

BTW, did you ever take a taxi from the airport to the hotel or back? If so, how long would you say it took?
at that time of night/ morning malate to the airport should take you 10-20 minutes... on the less if you tell your cab driver to hurry

"mama bilisan mo please - may hinahabol akong flight"

that would help

Jag

I've come across Rhoody's posts both here and on the Dumaguete forum. Thx for the reminder! I'll PM him as well.

at that time of night/ morning malate to the airport should take you 10-20 minutes... on the less if you tell your cab driver to hurry

"mama bilisan mo please - may hinahabol akong flight"

that would help

Jag

Very good... thank you, Jag! I'll print it out and have my Filipino friend read it to me so I get the pronunciation right. I'm still struggling with 'Sipaway'. :shakehead:

On a side note, I hate to hijack my own thread but I'm wondering about transportation from Dumaguete to San Carlos. From what I've discovered online, the only way to get there is via the Ceres bus. It seems the trip will take 4-5 hours. Beyond that, I've found out nothing as there's no website for Ceres. Does anyone know anything about this particular route or have any experience with Ceres in general? TIA! :)

I've come across Rhoody's posts both here and on the Dumaguete forum. Thx for the reminder! I'll PM him as well.

Very good... thank you, Jag! I'll print it out and have my Filipino friend read it to me so I get the pronunciation right. I'm still struggling with 'Sipaway'. :shakehead:

On a side note, I hate to hijack my own thread but I'm wondering about transportation from Dumaguete to San Carlos. From what I've discovered online, the only way to get there is via the Ceres bus. It seems the trip will take 4-5 hours. Beyond that, I've found out nothing as there's no website for Ceres. Does anyone know anything about this particular route or have any experience with Ceres in general? TIA! :)

Hi Anna,

I think they have hot showers even for the dorms at Malate pensionne.

I've done the late flight into Manila[with hangover], early flight to DGT a few times, and it sucks @#$%. As Jag said 20-30 should be more than enough to get you to the airport in the morning...

Let me know when you are around and I/we will try to pop round to El D for a drink or two, I am in and out of there now and then.

Re San Carlos, are you just going there? Or going to Cebu? I don't know of any other way than the Ceres liner to get there...around here they are called the "killer bus" as they don't stop for anything, and you just see a flash of yellow passing you by :D Don't recall any accidents recently though.

Good luck with the trip and let me know if there's anything I can do while you are in town...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom