Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabbie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
is it ok to tip porters etc with USD or do I need pesos ?

Is it normal to tip DM's if you have a good dive or just buy beer ?

porters would love it if you tip in USD.

its ok to tip local DMs. they need the dough. some foreign DMs i've dove with turned the cash to the locals. i guess they'd be happy with beer.

maybe the Kano DMs and instructors here can share personal preferences.

If you are tipping porters $1 a time that is a good tip for them...more common would be 20pesos(per bag), so really up to how much you want to spend.

Yes it is normal to tip DMs if they gave you a good time...It seems to be done more often at the end of the trip rather than after each dive.

I think you will find most expat DMs/inst will be happy to have the beer, they tend to be in it for the lifestyle not the cash...but then again what with the economic slowdown[ZZzzzzzzzzzzz] they might need the money!

If you're in PG you will be buying plenty of beer anyway, some of it for people you never even went diving with...enjoy, and have a few in Broadway for me!

Thanks - was thinking of tipping DMs at the end of the trip rather than dive by dive...I don't carry that much small change :D

I always end up buying beer for people I don't know....so where is Broadway so I can drink your beer ?
1062.gif

try tipping after each dive day and see the difference everyday
trying to advocate a new movement in tipping for your fellow DMs? hahahahaha

wouldn't it be more practical on multiple dive days to beer the DMs (or lunch them) and then tip cash at the end of the trip? that way if you didn't enjoy 1 dive for whatever reason you have not fallen into the habit of forking something over at the surface...

Jag

why on earth not...I might learn something :confused:

I'll be tucked in bed asleep by 9pm every night anyway.

why on earth not...I might learn something :confused:

I'll be tucked in bed asleep by 9pm every night anyway.
oh, they are certainly most educational.. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom