Dual Cord Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got the Ikelite 4103.52 Dual Cord for my G10. I want to test out the new Ikelite housing and of course, I want to use the flash. I only have one flash right now because my other flash is being repaired.

Can I put the threaded cap that comes with the cord on the secondary substrobe plug and dive with it on? Is this cap waterproof? I don't want to short out anything by doing this.

If you're in possession of the same caps I used to have, which are the black plastic ones with the friction pattern on it, those caps aren't water tight and you will flood your cable if you dive with it.

The caps are only made to protect the cord from dust and the occasional splash of water. We didn't want to keep too much pressure against the o-ring for long periods of time while the cord is in storage. If using a single strobe you'll need to switch to a #4103.51 single sync cord.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

There are no other options for securing the unused end? I do not have a single cord and I want to dive this weekend with my new housing. I have a strobe at Ikelite being repaired. There are no water proof caps I can get similar to what you put on the housing on the strobe port? Anything I can do in a temporary way?

The caps are only made to protect the cord from dust and the occasional splash of water. We didn't want to keep too much pressure against the o-ring for long periods of time while the cord is in storage. If using a single strobe you'll need to switch to a #4103.51 single sync cord.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I've used the dual cord in single mode as the Ike staff has indicated - works well. The cords are color coded one as the primary and the other as the slave. I started out using one cord for one strobe. As I began diving deeper and wanting to take photos - decided on the second strobe and dual cord - I have twin DS125's and love them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom