Dacor regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know this might not be quite the correct place for this post, but has anyone out there had problems getting their Dacor regulators serviced? I heard that parts are getting harder to come by and I really like my reg and I don't want to change.

Dacor has gone out of the regulator business, and their regulators are no longer being supported. It's a shame, because they are good regs.

Many shops have leftover parts stashes. They will be able to service your reg as long as their parts supply holds out. It all depends on what model reg you have and what parts they have stockpiled. Finding a shop with parts is a crapshoot. Good luck.

Another option would be to visit your local Mares dealer. Mares and Dacor are (were?) owned by the same parent firm, and some parts may be interchangeable.

I know this might not be quite the correct place for this post, but has anyone out there had problems getting their Dacor regulators serviced? I heard that parts are getting harder to come by and I really like my reg and I don't want to change.

What model do you have?

Yes the Dacors especially the Sportsters etc are pretty much obsolete. I got stuck with one ; Me being naive, bought it and then had diffuculty getting it serviced for a reasonable price and after a year or two, I then had to buy a new reg and went for Sherwood as they tend to use similar parts in different models and are easy to overhaul.

I gave the Sportster away to someone needing it for a pony bottle setup.

Ed at Divers Cove may still be able to get the parts or may have a kit handy, he does great service and would be my option to get a Sportster or Dacor serviced as all other shops I approched had to send the regulator out to get serviced (and funny enough it was to Divers Cove).

Diver's Cove in Essex, CT would be your best bet.

Last edited:
I have a Dacor XL. I bought the reg used about ten years ago but I bought an XL octopus at Scubaventure in Sinking Spring, PA about two months after that. I love the reg, it has a cold water set-up, and I don't feel like buying a new one.
Thanks for the hint about Diver's Cove. I don't know if I'll ever be in Essex again but maybe I can mail it down. Aqua City Scuba in Waterville, ME also has a bunch of parts. If anyone knows of any hidden parts caches, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom