Females only please - men's speedos [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Females only please - men's speedos

Sponsored Link

underwaterdancer
December 27th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I'm a longtime lurker on this forum.

I'm an American and have been fortunate to have dived all
over the place: Florida, Hawaii, Fiji, Cayman Islands, Belize,
Great Barrier Reef, Vanuatu, Thailand, etc.

Without question, scuba is a male-dominated sport.

I have noticed though that men overseas are more likely
to wear speedos than guys in the U.S. I like speedos,
especially when worn by guys in good shape.

I did a dive recently where a guy was wearing a speedo and
he was no Michael Phelps... his belly was the size of a bowling
ball. It was eww. Gross. I was surprised his wife didn't
demand that he wear something more modest.

Men who wear speedos in the U.S. are more often than not,
overweight, and the guys you want to see in speedos don't
wear them.

Any thoughts?

boliver_69
December 27th, 2008, 12:24 AM
http://memyselfandhi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/speedo.jpg

Because you have to admit it.... The speedo is oh so sexy:shocked2:

I went to Daytona Beach once... it was like an unending row of men like him..... yet the gorgeous guys had on trunks that went to their calfs :depressed:

underwaterdancer
December 27th, 2008, 01:35 AM
That guy is pretty nasty.

What's with the chain around his neck? LOL.

ZenDiver.3D
December 27th, 2008, 02:32 AM
It's European. They All wear them. Mostly. You just have to get used to it. learn to hehehehehehe quietly... But then every now and then, you get a guy who was Made for a speedo, if you know what I mean, and That makes it all worth it. :eyebrow: :banana:

Theunis
December 27th, 2008, 06:26 AM

Because you have to admit it.... The speedo is oh so sexy:shocked2:

I went to Daytona Beach once... it was like an unending row of men like him..... yet the gorgeous guys had on trunks that went to their calfs :depressed:

I'm a male and am willing to get flamed to post here in the women's views. The photo you have posted looks like a friend of me here on Scuba Board. He has 141 friends, 1601 visitors to his profile and has been thanked 20 times in 15 posts. Why did you use his avatar?

bdrannik
December 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I'm a male and am willing to get flamed to post here in the women's views. The photo you have posted looks like a friend of me here on Scuba Board. He has 141 friends, 1601 visitors to his profile and has been thanked 20 times in 15 posts. Why did you use his avatar?

Theunis, the photo that Collin (CBulla) uses for his avatar is not actually a photo of himself..

underwaterdancer: Sorry for the intrusion into the "Females Only" thread. Happy Holidays.
Now back to the original topic (and no, I do not wear one)...

Theunis
December 27th, 2008, 06:35 AM

wear them.

Any thoughts?

Are you a male or female? I see there is no gender specified in your profile!!

Sas
December 27th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I am not a fan of speedos at all but there are many clothing items I am not a fan of (those giant bug-eye sunnies, anything orange, Hawaiian shirts, ties, high heels, etc) ... Don't particularly care if people want to wear them though! To each their own. Feel sorry for the guys who wear them and have people going 'ewwww gross' about them. I can imagine what the reaction would be if a male posted how disgusting they found overweight women in bikinis...

cavew0man
December 27th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Speedo spotting is one of my favorite pastimes at the beach. You get extra points when someone is walking towards you and you can't tell if they are actually wearing anything at all.

Poking fun aside, you just gotta hand it to someone who really truly doesn't care what you think, and is comfortable with their own body in all its sun-drenched Speedo glory.

Damselfish
December 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
most discussions of speedos around here are a running joke - it's sort of a tradition - don't get too serious about it.

cavew0man
December 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure it's possible to take a Speedo seriously! Is it? :D

Sas
December 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Poking fun aside, you just gotta hand it to someone who really truly doesn't care what you think, and is comfortable with their own body in all its sun-drenched Speedo glory.

True true! :)

tiggrr
December 27th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I'm a voyeur and speedos are a time killer for me. They make a long boat ride pass by quickly.

I wear very dark sunglasses and the only bummer is if I forget to wear them and get caught.

Miller64
December 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I say.lets bring in the new year right.Everyone post a photo of themselves in speedos.I'll go last

cavew0man
December 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I say.lets bring in the new year right.Everyone post a photo of themselves in speedos.I'll go last

Chicken.

cruiser
December 27th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I say let guys wear what they want. Recently I was on a liveaboard with a guy wearing a speedo and he did it justice. But even if that isn't the case, it's their business.

Guys could just as easily start bashing women for wearing certain bathing attire, and we females would (justifiably) get very defensive I don't think we want to go there :)

Miller64
December 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
LOL,,,yes I am

El Orans
December 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
:speedo: >> :speedo:

underwaterdancer
December 27th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Theunis, I'm a girl. :)

peterbj7
December 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Speedos and the like are designed for serious swimming, and there's nothing that comes close. I know because I used to swim competitively, tho' I'm no Michael Phelps. For bathing however they're not ideal, if only because they're quite expensive and pretty fragile - you sit on a bare rock in Speedos and you're likely to snag the material.

And this isn't just about men - women wear them as well (the one-piece variety) and they're not likely to wear them to the beach either.

Theunis
December 28th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Theunis, I'm a girl. :)

I was pulling your leg!!:D:D
Sorry for intruding here.

crd_kats
December 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM

wear them.

Any thoughts?

Seems to be a dying trend. I've noticed most Europeans do, but usually the older ones, dads, and the sons are in boardshorts. Pity.

It does make people watching at the beach interesting :cool2:

Divergirl4U
December 29th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Most of the men I know that wear Speedos where at one time a competitive swimmers and they feel more comfortable in a Speedo, especially under a wetsuit. But I really do not like it, I vote for board shorts.

SteveAD
December 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I won't wear a speedo, board short don't go under a wetsuit very well. I have found the best of both worlds to be something along the lines of bike shorts.

sailingk8
December 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Seriously Ladies the best we can come up with is a pic of "Studly" Steve with a belly and oversized "ornament"?

This is a Speedo Steve....

sailingk8
December 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
wait for it.....

sailingk8
December 29th, 2008, 11:17 PM
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/randon%20stuff/?action=view&current=Swimpix.jpg

five post rule..... :p

Ayisha
December 29th, 2008, 11:57 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/randon%20stuff/Swimpix.jpg

Niiiice, sailingk8. I wouldn't mind that sight one bit! :blinking:

underwaterdancer
December 30th, 2008, 01:24 AM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/randon%20stuff/Swimpix.jpg

Niiiice, sailingk8. I wouldn't mind that sight one bit! :blinking:

OMG that guy is beautiful...

I'll take a whole boat filled with guys like him.

All wearing speedos. :)

diebeste
December 30th, 2008, 03:21 AM
The neck chain on post #2 is clearly the latest fashion in tropical water diving weight belts.

Sas
December 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
This blog gives pretty good arguments in favour of the speedo:

Swimpixx (http://swimpixx.blogspot.com/)

I have decided I don't hate them after all...

Enjoy~

cavew0man
December 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I won't wear a speedo, board short don't go under a wetsuit very well. I have found the best of both worlds to be something along the lines of bike shorts.

I suppose "commando" is right out.... :eyebrow:

SteveAD
December 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I suppose "commando" is right out.... :eyebrow:

If I'm on a liveaboard or teaching at a pool I actually do go comando pretty often. But only if there is a private changing area.

Rickg
December 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Now these folks are brave.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/non-diving-related-stuff/214690-santa-claus-speedo-run.html

clofty
December 30th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Actually since I've been in the US, I've not seen many speedos. My nephews came over in speedos and got 'gawked' at and 'laughed' at the condo pool when they were 10 and 13! When we arrived in the US from Oz, I quickly got my 7 yr old son and husband ('boxer' shorts!) When my sister in law arrived from Oz three years ago, her sons quickly adjusted to the 'boxer' regime.

I miss the 'innocence' of speedos and my DH insists "he is not changing to boxer underwear' for personal reasons and I must admit I prefer seeing him in unboxed underwear! (LOL).

Ayisha
December 31st, 2008, 12:08 AM
It figures that picture of a hot guy in a speedo got censored on Photobucket a few posts up. Meanwhile, there are countless pictures of hot women in bikinis. What's the difference? Because he's, um, somewhat well endowed? So are the women! :shakehead:

Rickg
December 31st, 2008, 12:51 AM
I don't think they get much worse than this :doh2:

sailingk8
December 31st, 2008, 10:13 AM

You know that is just cruel. Here we are getting all hot and bothered over the swimpixx and you go and pucker us up with that nasty pic. Just cruel. :no:

sailingk8
December 31st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry ladies Photobucket apparently doesn't like speedos either.....
here is a temporary pic to substitute:
http://www.yourdailybriefs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/59.jpg

http://www.yourdailybriefs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/59.jpg

cavew0man
December 31st, 2008, 01:01 PM

Would you believe I actually saw someone on Halloween in the Borat suit? There goes one brave (or really seriously drunk) guy.

sailingk8
December 31st, 2008, 01:57 PM
It figures that picture of a hot guy in a speedo got censored on Photobucket a few posts up. Meanwhile, there are countless pictures of hot women in bikinis. What's the difference? Because he's, um, somewhat well endowed? So are the women! :shakehead:

That is a very valid point.

pidgiepoo
December 31st, 2008, 03:50 PM
sailingk8/randon stuff - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/randon%20stuff/?action=view&current=Swimpix.jpg)

five post rule..... :p

Is that a dead dog lying on the couch in one of your pics?? If not, that is soooooooo cute:D

Rickg
December 31st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Would you believe I actually saw someone on Halloween in the Borat suit? There goes one brave (or really seriously drunk) guy.

I guess it could have been worse and he could have been in his birthday suit.

AbyssalPlains
December 31st, 2008, 05:44 PM
I'm a voyeur and speedos are a time killer for me. They make a long boat ride pass by quickly.

I wear very dark sunglasses and the only bummer is if I forget to wear them and get caught.

Cool. That is hot, actually. :D

As a European living in the US, I do get the occasional funny comment on my speedo. In fact, I have adapted to local culture and wear my speedo only when diving, not when swimming. The main reason I favor speedos over those bulky tents that American men wear for bathing suits is that a speedo slips nicely into a wetsuit. I always feel sorry for the guys that look like parachuters trying to retrieve their parachute, and struggle with stuffing eighty square feet of fabric under a wetsuit. ;)

sailingk8
December 31st, 2008, 05:48 PM
Is that a dead dog lying on the couch in one of your pics?? If not, that is soooooooo cute:D

Thanks...
Very much alive... here she is at Christmas:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/IMG_0478.jpg

And just to keep in bounds of the thread:

Heavenly Speedo:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/mail-2.jpg

pidgiepoo
December 31st, 2008, 06:16 PM
Look out Victoria Secrets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

alibi 2
December 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM
When I was in the Dutch West Indies,,I would have loved to see a speedo,,these guys were NAKED!...and they looked worse than the guy above!!

tiggrr
December 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/skyggebarnet/david-hasselhoff-07.jpg

cavew0man
January 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/skyggebarnet/david-hasselhoff-07.jpg

The Hoff! Beautiful!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

vshearer
January 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
My wife hid mine.

austriandiveress
January 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
Oh man... I know a gentleman here in Austria: a 60 year old, bow-legged orthodontist, who ONLY wears Speedos: preferably bright orange or lime green. The only thing missing is a large arrow pointing downward with a sign saying "here is my P..is". (the same guy uses womens' pantyhose to help his wetsuit slide on easier: perfectly legit, I guess, but a strange combo!)
Now I hasten to add that I am nowhere close to having a tight, sexy figure........but I dont wear a speedo!:D

peterbj7
January 1st, 2009, 11:47 PM
Do you want to qualify what you just said - he ONLY wears Speedos? What, all the time? Must get a bit cold in winter.

escapeartist
January 2nd, 2009, 01:00 AM
This blog gives pretty good arguments in favour of the speedo:

Swimpixx (http://swimpixx.blogspot.com/)

I have decided I don't hate them after all...

Enjoy~

WOWZA!! I quite agree....don't think I hate them after all either ;)

austriandiveress
January 2nd, 2009, 05:53 AM
@Peterbj7: I meant the only kind of bathing suit he wears is a Speedo... thought we were talking about diving...
I havent seen him marching through town wearing one, you are very right.

alibi 2
January 3rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I think that it would be more comfortable for all guys to were the speedo while diving...they just need to treat it like wearing underwear and spare us the paradings around ,,,unless they are the HOFF...then I bow to the HOFF...

cavew0man
January 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I think that it would be more comfortable for all guys to were the speedo while diving...they just need to treat it like wearing underwear and spare us the paradings around ,,,unless they are the HOFF...then I bow to the HOFF...

The HOFF graciously accepts your adulation and praise. May you be blessed with multitudes of red bikinis.

We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!

underwaterdancer
January 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM

HOFF and pretty much any guy that looks good is welcome to
parade around the boat in their speedo.

I won't mind. :)

underwaterdancer
January 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Oh man... I know a gentleman here in Austria: a 60 year old, bow-legged orthodontist, who ONLY wears Speedos: preferably bright orange or lime green. The only thing missing is a large arrow pointing downward with a sign saying "here is my P..is". (the same guy uses womens' pantyhose to help his wetsuit slide on easier: perfectly legit, I guess, but a strange combo!)
Now I hasten to add that I am nowhere close to having a tight, sexy figure........but I dont wear a speedo!:D

An old guy who wears bright orange or lime green speedos and
also wears pantyhose? I wonder what else this guy is into...

xariatay
January 5th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Think it is a fashion thing... Surf shorts/berms are "in" now - think Paul Walker in Into the Blue (guys will remember the film with Jessica Alba in bikini). The small Speedos are "out", but still worn by the beautiful platform divers http://www.olympics.org.uk/beijing2008/images/sports/Diving1300x400.jpg (do hope they will continue wearing them). The swimmers wear the "full body suits" - think Ian Thorpe Ian Thorpe - The official website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games (http://en.beijing2008.cn/spirit/pastgames/halloffame/t/n214046843.shtml) or kneelength "tights" - think Michael Phelps.

Jayde323
January 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Living in Florida we get alot speedo "fails". Once we were in the Keys and the guy sitting next to us on the dive boat was about 90...and wearing a speedo. He wasn't overweight at all....but the skin sag...ugh. Another time, speedo fail dude (as I like to call them) was pretty fit, about 45ish...but covered in hair...I mean really "don't need a wetsuit" hairy. After the dive he laid out on the bench with his legs wide open. We really didn't need to see that hair. Someone on the boat thought he said something about being a doctor...so to this day we refer to him as "Dr. Speedo".

xariatay
January 9th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Sounds like Dr Hairison...

C8X
January 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Here in Australia they are affectionately known as "budgie smugglers" or "lolly bags", and it's pretty much a standard bit of dive gear. But only old dudes and europeans wander around at length in just speedos.

miss_scuba
January 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
speedos never used to bother me until I moved to the US. Now, when I go back to Europe and see speedos on guys whom are obviously not belong to the water polo or the swim team... makes me look away, to say the least. :)

It is all about what society conceives normal.
FYI: Europeans smile about Americans wearing white sport socks with shorts.

naturaldiver
January 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
A couple of bad examples have been shown of FAT Men in Speedos, so how about this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/flscubame21.JPG (http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/120741)

Roger

reefseal
January 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I admit to wearing a speedo when diving simply because I can't stand getting a wedgie under wetsuit. (tough to pick the wedgie w/ a 7 mm wetsuit) Topside, I wear my swim trunks over it and give anyone topside on the boat a fair warning before taking to swim trunks off to put on the wetsuit.

scscubagoddess
January 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
When I was diving in the Dominican Republic, there were some european divers on the trip in speedos. One of them was cruising around in a tshirt tied in a knot at his waist like a half shirt. I glanced at his direction at some point to see one of his balls hanging out of his suit. OMG! It was hilarious. Luckily I got a shot of him on my dive video so that I can point him out to friends when telling the story. lol

I was a national level swimmer growing up so I'm rather used to seeing guys in speedos, but I tend to think they should be left to competitive swimmers! Most male swimmers wouldn't even think of wearing a speedo to the beach or any place other than the pool though.

peterbj7
January 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe the guy was a nudist manque.

reefseal
January 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
There's a visual..

I too swam competively n High School and college.. Even in the best shape of my life, I was always conscious of myself in my speedos. I always pulled off my sweats at very last minute. It's definately a european thing. I've seen more my share of old guys in marble bags/banana hammocks that are so worn/faded w/ big guts..

Louie
January 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sadly, from what I've seen it's an inverse relationship between the size of the Speedo and the wearer's comeliness and age. So the older and uglier the wearer, the skimpier the Speedo.

So never seen Daniel Craig or an underwear supermodel in their budgie smugglers on the diveboat.

sailingk8
February 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/sailingk8/randon%20stuff/IMG_0032.jpg

I spotted this guy strolling down the street in South Miami and thought you gals might appreciate the humor of it.

Tigerman
February 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
It's European. They All wear them. Mostly. You just have to get used to it. learn to hehehehehehe quietly... But then every now and then, you get a guy who was Made for a speedo, if you know what I mean, and That makes it all worth it. :eyebrow: :banana:
Sorry for the intrusion, but I just cant pass on commenting this one..

I'm European, I've been to a fair share of European countries and I rarely see people in speedos and I don't own one.. Nope, we don't "mostly all wear them" - sorry..

cavew0man
February 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I spotted this guy strolling down the street in South Miami and thought you gals might appreciate the humor of it.

Oh, did you HAVE to go and do that? That's going to be stuck in my head all day!

Rickg
February 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I stumbled across this picture while looking at an article about this year's tough guy run in the U.K. Mind you, this took place in January so I imagine there was some shrinkage involved.

Tough Guy Challenge 2009 - The Big Picture - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com:80/bigpicture/2009/02/tough_guy_challenge_2009.html)
Tough Guy Challenge 2009 (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/tough_guy_challenge_2009.html)

Billed as "the safest most dangerous taste of physical and mental endurance pain in the world", the Tough Guy Challenge took place yesterday, February 1st, on South Perton Farm, near Wolverhampton, England. Thousands of challengers (men and women) started the endurance race, with hundreds dropping out along the way due to exhaustion or injury - broken bones, dislocations, and over 600 cases of hypothermia.

Louie
February 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I stumbled across this picture while looking at an article about this year's tough guy run in the U.K. Mind you, this took place in January so I imagine there was some shrinkage involved.

Tough Guy Challenge 2009 - The Big Picture - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com:80/bigpicture/2009/02/tough_guy_challenge_2009.html)
Tough Guy Challenge 2009 (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/tough_guy_challenge_2009.html)

Billed as "the safest most dangerous taste of physical and mental endurance pain in the world", the Tough Guy Challenge took place yesterday, February 1st, on South Perton Farm, near Wolverhampton, England. Thousands of challengers (men and women) started the endurance race, with hundreds dropping out along the way due to exhaustion or injury - broken bones, dislocations, and over 600 cases of hypothermia.

Is that a tribute to Borat or is it standard competition uniform?

Good heavens:shakehead:

mike_s
February 12th, 2009, 04:43 PM
ok... I'm no fan of Speedo's.... but you can't tell me that guys wearing a "one piece" like this is any better? :rofl3:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/mikes2006/misc_images/funny/funny0105.jpg

Louie
February 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
ok... I'm no fan of Speedo's.... but you can't tell me that guys wearing a "one piece" like this is any better? :rofl3:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/mikes2006/misc_images/funny/funny0105.jpg

Don't know what the worst thing about that pic is:
a) The outfit - and what ballet school he burgled

b) That the man is going about a normal day's task of shopping
or
c) That smug look on his face :confused:

Tigerman
February 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Don't know what the worst thing about that pic is:
a) The outfit - and what ballet school he burgled

b) That the man is going about a normal day's task of shopping
or
c) That smug look on his face :confused:
I vote all of the above..
The smug look on his face, knowing he has just gone doing some shopping in the horrific outfit he stole from the ballet school...

mike_s
February 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
The crazy thing is, although that's an "internet pic", I swear I've seen the guy walking around Nashville before in pair of tights like that...

chiara93
March 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
I, also do most of my dive trips outside the country except Hawaii. Most male divers I've encountered with the exception of a father and son duo from the Netherlands I met last year, wear speedos. Those males, mainly Europeans, do come in varying sizes, to say the least. If there happens to be an eye candy in a bunch, the better the boat ride.

fencingfish
May 5th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I can understand the appeal of a speedo or spandex, it's got to be tough getting trunks into a wetsuit and uncomfortable. Went on a dive where one guy was wearing a thong, I would have much rather he worn a speedo.

cavew0man
May 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Compliments of a friend in Vancouver B.C.:

overheard in a Kits yoga studio: "Speedos are good; they make you accountable."

peterbj7
May 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
JUST a thong??

evad
May 6th, 2009, 07:03 AM
A couple of bad examples have been shown of FAT Men in Speedos, so how about this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/flscubame21.JPG (http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/120741)

Roger

Pederast?

DiverChix
May 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm with you. It is the exception to the rule, most men I see in speedos should not be wearing them. We had a camping trip with a bunch of fellow divers and the women were taking pictures of the guys in speedos to bring back to work to share with their co-workers. That's just wrong...I know, but these guys should not have been parading around in them. I don't wear a thong bikini, I know my limits.

LetterBoy
May 8th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Whats wrong with my speedo?

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/SPEEDO_AV.jpg (http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/125614)

Louie
May 8th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I take back some of what I've said. :D

Happy weekend everyone!

shark girl
May 13th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Some notes on where and when to wear speedos... YouTube - Trumpet - Simplifying Summer - Togs or Undies? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Lx2ihpGbc)

shark girl
May 13th, 2009, 01:57 AM
And I know it isn't about budgie smugglers, but one or two of the lines struck a chord... YouTube - World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7rHZpwuWds)

Cacia
May 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Well, if I was a guy, I'd want to wear a speedo. Imagine swimming in those big drippy board shorts

Vickie In Vegas
July 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
We'e seen all sort of men wearing speedos. As said before some are not very flattering, but it's a personal choice. I've seen numerous women wearing bikinis/takinis that had no business wearing them & looked worse than the guys in the speedos... Who cares what people think, as long as you are happy & comforable is all that counts.

pacificgal
August 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Thank you for that, lol

MarkerBuoy
August 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I too do not wish to intrude on your females only thread, but finding this on the web led me to Scubaboard and joining. When I learned to dive in the 80s', it was common to see speedos. Something happened in the 90s' to almost demonize them and now it's like you can wear them in private but don't let anyone see you in them. To me they make the most since. Better tan, quicker drying, comfort, and easy to wear under wet suit or clothing. Looking in the mirror while wearing them lets you also see where you need to work on. Straight married man that wears speedos.

sailingk8
August 24th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Do you live outside the United States? If not I wonder how many other men feel this way. If you're fit, by all means we encourage you to come out of "private" with your speedos. ;)

alewar
August 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
When I was in the Dutch West Indies,,I would have loved to see a speedo,,these guys were NAKED!...and they looked worse than the guy above!!

OMG a human body!!

Edit: btw. here in Germany you don't see that many people wearing speedos. There are lots of people who like to swim naked in the lakes though, and nobody cares. It's a harmless practice and nobody should have a problem with that. If they feel comfortable that way it's all that matters.

Tigerman
August 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Well, if I was a guy, I'd want to wear a speedo. Imagine swimming in those big drippy board shorts
Its really not as bad as youd think. I do it all the time, often even under a wetsuit.
However I do preferr tight boxers over both the board shorts and the speedos. Clothing where I feel like Im in risk of freeballing when I get out of the water dont appeal to me :p

racedude1984
August 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Well after searching for speedo it came up with this in womans spot but I'm going to post anyways... I thought about wearing a speedo under a wet suit because my trunks get all binded up. I would feel un comfortable wearing a "underwear" style speedo but I'm looking for something along these lines.

http://spdo.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pSPDO1-6000256p275w.jpg

OR

http://www.swim-shop.com/images/ProductImages/sp_s_705966_001_maquajmr.jpg

Wayward Son
August 29th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I have a swim suit like that, picked up at Diver's Direct. Made by O'Neil. Bught it specifically for wearing under a wetsuit. Found a pair for my wife, I think they by Henderson. Not sure.

mermaidmd
August 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I am absofreakinlutely dying laughing here...thanks to y'all for a much needed giggle tonight. For what it's worth...my dive instructor looked HOT in his dry suit...wouldn't much mind seeing him in a Speedo....guess that's what imagination is for, eh?

promocop
August 29th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I'm a guy. For the record my wife won't let me wear one. However I wear a very thin nylon brief style under the wetsuit.

Ayisha
August 29th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Those kinds of speedos look just fine... especially on the model... ;)
And they make sense for wearing under a wetsuit.

shontellee13
November 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Personally, I am not a fan of speedos at all. Even if you do have a kick @$$ body like Brad Pitt, Taye Diggs, Michael McConaghey or Channing Tatum. I do like the European style boxer brief type swimsuits on guys though. This probably corresponds with my anti-tighty-whitey underwear policy as well...Not to say I wouldn't look if Brad Pitt walked past me in a speedo : )

Also, this said, many sports require speedos. Perhaps a reason for guys to wear speedos diving is bc its easier to put a wetsuit over. My boyfriend wears regular style boardshorts and they get all lumpy under the wetsuit, so wearing a speedo makes sense. Not everyone has a great body. Period. Guys probably prefer not to see a 300lb chick in a bikini either. Let people wear what they want--and if they gross you out--look in a different direction.

Texasdivechick
November 17th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Agreed. If we are on a dive boat wearing wetsuits, then by all means wear a Speedo or bike shorts or whatever is most comfortable and forget about what you look like. I wear men's Speedo boyshorts- they are not a banana hammock but cut like bike shorts- with a rash guard under my wetsuit. I want more coverage than just a bikini but hate one-piece swim suits. My body isn't all that great, after all, I've had a child. But I would rather be comfortable during my dive and I hope my buddy is comfortable as well. Diving isn't about looking good in one's wetsuit, it's about looking good with your trim and buoyancy, being safe, and having fun. Besides, NOBODY looks good climbing up the boat ladder with the inevitable snail trail down the side of the face when the mask comes off, regardless if you're wearing a Speedo or board shorts, whether you weigh 95lbs or 295lbs, or whatever. Who cares?

Tom Smedley
November 17th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Who cares - your beauty lies between your ears.

My body isn't all that great,

humanbeing
January 20th, 2010, 11:22 PM

Ok, I'm gay and this is reminding me of a Simpsons episode where Homer runs through the room in his underwear and either Patty or Selma says something to the effect of, "There go the last struggling threads of my heterosexuality." :rofl3:

Texasdivechick
January 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I have a new found respect for Speedos after watching Sharkwater. Rob stewart is yummy.

lulubelle
January 20th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Who cares - your beauty lies between your ears.

Swoon...

I find the American take on the speedo thing rather funny. I grew up in speedo land, brother was an Olympic swimmer. Sure, they all were made for speedos. And most of us are not.

But bodies come in all shapes and sizes and who cares what they wear as long as it is decent, comfortable, and functional. To me, what looks good is a person comfortable in their own skin.

xariatay
January 27th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Rob stewart is yummy.

:D Agree!!!

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1