Bohol and Cebu for non divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaDiving1234

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Unfortunately, my folks will be visiting the Philippines during my Tubbataha trip.
I have suggested for them to visit Bohol and Cebu during that week.

Any recommendations on what to do, etc about these places?
Which hotels are good?

Folks are non-divers, but some touristy stuff for them will be good.
It'll be their 2nd time in the Philippines.

Thanks for the info and happy new yr!

bohol has some standard touristy things that should take up their whole day - old churches, tarsiers, the loboc river for lunch, the chocolate hills...

cebu has its things as well although it's been a looooooooong time since i've been to cebu as a tourist so don't know what's still relevant...

magellan's cross and fort san pedro are still around...

hotels depend on their budget... the shangri-la is always nice...

Jag

they could probably find things to do in cebu and bohol for a few days. i agree with jag that shangri-la is the best hotel. most hotels can arrange the tours for you. like there's the southern cebu day tour where you go to carcar and a few towns down south. btw, best lechon in cebu is from carcar.

dennis

i second the day tour of bohol (hire a van) and a tour of the old houses in carcar, cebu. another option will be to visit the pristine beaches (supposed to be like boracay 20 years ago) in bantayan or santa fe in cebu or just chill in plantation bay.

Aside from flyingfish and jigo's suggestion for Cebu, you might want to consider Kawasan falls in Badian. Sights to see in and around Cebu City, Fort San Pedro, Magellan's cross, Taoist Temple, and Carbon market.

bohol can keep non-divers busy for 2-3 days tops. if you want, i can hook you up with my favorite tour guide. she handles mostly europeans and can speak several languages.

highly recommended. she can take care of the resort and transfers and everything, so you only need to pay once.

I'll PM you her details if you're interested.

bohol can keep non-divers busy for 2-3 days tops. if you want, i can hook you up with my favorite tour guide. she handles mostly europeans and can speak several languages.

highly recommended. she can take care of the resort and transfers and everything, so you only need to pay once.

hey that's cool... can you pm me as well?

Jag

hey that's cool... can you pm me as well?

Jag

c'mon jag, you dont need a guide who speaks five languages. neugierig got you at "SHE" :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom