Is there a dive club specifically for liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm wondering if any of you - specifically divers that travel as singles - have heard of dive clubs that are specifically travel clubs that are made up of people all around the country or world for that matter.

Have any of you heard of people being part of a group of friends that really only gets together once per year for their dive trip?? And if so, are their clubs out there that do this?

Yet another question outta right field for you all to wrap your heads around - any and all advice is much appreciated.

Try SingleDivers.com, a club made up of buddyless divers, not a "dating service". They run many liveabard trips per year.

I second that - Singledivers.com. Great site - saves you on the "single upcharge" if you are a solo traveler and you meet some great folks from around the world. I have done several trips with SD - ranging from Coz, T&C to Fiji - and even though it's not a dating site............I did meet my husband on a trip 5 years ago. :)

I'm wondering if any of you - specifically divers that travel as singles - have heard of dive clubs that are specifically travel clubs that are made up of people all around the country or world for that matter.

Yep it's called the internet :wink:

I only dive now with people I have met through another internet diving forum.

6 of us have just been on a Redsea liveaboard but you can go on a liveaboard as a single diver and not worry about not making friends. The boat we were on was for 24 there were a number of single travelling men and women, you will be sharing a cabin unless of course a boat allows sole occupancy at a premium so you should always have someone to talk to, you eat as a group and chill out as a group. So just book yourself on to one and have a go.

The whole boat was made up of people from the UK, US, Japan and I hope I get this right and don't offend them Norwegian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom