Wide angle lens for 6147.8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipstix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

Happy Holidays!

I'm interested in a recommendation for a wide angle lens to fit my Ikelite 6147.8 housing a Canon IXUS SD800IS.

I don't really follow what my options are - I have a reasonably limited budget (would happily consider used/pre-owned). I guess if it could be removed/replaced whilst underwater that would be a bonus as I only get to do about 10-20 dives per year so like to be flexible about what I am shooting during a dive.

I presume this is my sensible first 'upgrade add-on' ahead of a strobe (had been thinking about the Ikelite AF-35). All of these items are not cheap playthings!!!

Many thanks, Chris

An external wide angle lens is a great addition to your housing. Your options are as follows:

1. Add the #9306.81 adapter ($50) and either a #6420 Ikelite W20 Lens ($315) or other 67mm threaded lens such as the Inon UWL-100 Type II or Epoque DCL-20.

2. Add the #9306.80 adapter ($50) and an Inon UWL-100 AD bayonet style lens.

All of these combinations will provide similar results with the SD800is. Remember when using a wide angle lens you should move even closer than usual to your subject.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom