Dugong (cousin of the Manatee) Project in the Red Sea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any guesstimates as to how many Dugongs live on Egyptian waters?

I heard rumors from many years ago (say, late 60s- early 70s) about encounters with Dugongs on Sanafir Island and Nabeq area, but I never heard of anyone who actually saw or photographed one. Another unconfirmed rumor claimed that a Dugong was accidentally caught (and died) on a static net in Eilat.

Are they so elusive like the Yeti, or they don't exist anymore so far north?

Are there any other Dugongs in Marsa Alam region besides Dennis?

You have a real nice and informative website. Where are your books being sold? I'd like to buy me a copy... They just look great without the silly mantas and all :)

There are actually a few dugongs around and it happens that we see them here and there all the way up to Hurghada area and a bit further up as well... I've been diving with dugongs quite a lot and gave a few pictures.

Thanks for the nice words about my website. The books are only sold in Egypt at the moment but if there is some one who wants one elsewhere... I've been sending them to people around the world but that's quite expensive...

.....a.....

Interesting.....links thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom