Ikelite 6090 housing for Canon HD camcorders - suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C8X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have the 6090 and I'm absolutely happy with my purchase except for one small detail that I wanted to throw out there, for Ikelite to consider -- the lever to start and stop recording should be spring loaded. It is a bit sticky and the camera's spring loaded button isn't really strong enough to push it back out so I don't get that positive feeling that I've pressed the button only once. After pushing in with my thumb I have to deliberately pull the lever back away from the button to feel comfortable that I haven't tapped it twice instead of once.

I have stopped recording by accident on a dive, and it's not all that easy to always see the record status on the LCD screen depending on the angle I'm trying to shoot. Now I am extra careful to pull the lever away myself and keep my thumb well away from it until I need to use it. I tend to shoot the whole dive now so I don't miss something great because I accidentally tripped the pause button.

I realize there may not be a mechanical part in the inventory to do this job but I think it's an important detail worth considering - I'm thinking about spooling some kind of elastic cord around the knob so that it's being held open/away all the time.

I got it now!

Hello All,

I wonder if u can help?? I have recently bought ikelite housing 6090 for my hf100 and been diving with it and trying to custom white balance below 10 meters or 30 feet..The problem i have, cannot white balance below this depth!! Anybody knows why and how can i do it???

Thanks for your time in advance!!

Tarkan

You don't mention a problem with the actual housing controls, so I would guess this is related to the camera. Some camcorders will only allow setting of custom white balance when there is enough available light. Depending on the water conditions, you may not have enough light at 10m/30ft. Make sure there is adequate light on your hand or slate when attempting to set custom white balance.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hiya Jean,
Thanx for the reply. Just a quick note that I am very happy with my Ikelite housing. I have been doing some resarch on white balance and talking to other underwater videographers and they do say the same.
have a good day.

Tarkan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom