N. Sulawesi in Late March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overboard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I are considering a trip to N. Sulawesi in late March (an anniversary trip) and are looking at a few days at KBR or Kasawari on Lembeh and a few days at Gangga. Does anyone have an idea what the weather (mainly wind) might be like at Gangga then? I can't tell if it is realtively protected like Lembeh. Also, does Gangga or Kasawari have a house reef like KBR? Any other insight is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

I was in Bunaken/Lembeh end of March 2007 thru end of April for 4 weeks . Except for a heavy night rain (whihc did not effect the diving at all) and some rain on the way to the airport when I was leaving we had perfect weather and it was very calm and the water was good. That said, apparently 2008 late spring summer/fall was a lot rainier than normal from what my friend who lives in the area said.

On Singapore Air/Silk Air, the airfare went up on April 1 or so but by flying before the end of March I got the cheaper fare. Look at the fare rules for the period. Fares typically go down again in early September.

Last edited:
May is supposed to be the best time to dive in Menado, according to one DM.
But it's all year long diving, and as far as I've been, Lembeh is always promising.
You will have great time!

For diving Lembeh, particularly for location within Lembeh itself, I'd suggest you look at BlackSandDive.com. I was there mid-2008 and spent a great deal of time (ie when not doing guided boat dives!) doing unguided dives on their 'house reef' which is basically TK1 and TK3 (from memory). The cottages are lovely however the resort itself doesn't yet have 'luxuries' such as a spa which you may want as it's an anniversary trip.

Gangga - I've not personally been there yet however I'd have said that March won't be particularly windy plus if there are places you can't dive, there are many more that will be fine and which the resort would take you.

Hope that's useful.

Annabel

Annabel Thomas, Director
AquaMarine Diving - Bali, PADI 5 Star Dive Resort 6344
Indonesia's first Project AWARE Go ECO Operator

Office: Jl Raya Seminyak 2A, Kuta, Bali 80361
Postal: PO Box 2098, Kuta, Bali 80361
Phone: +62 361 730 107 Fax: +62 361 735 368

Back
Top Bottom