Anyone know if the Halcyon #45 Pioneer Wing fit on the Dive Rite Transpac II Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
Halcyon's got nice wings. But will the Pioneer wing fit on the Transpac II harness correctly without problems or modifications?

Make a good BC even better!

I'd be leery of getting the 45lb. Even the manufacturer doesn't recommend them for the vast majority of people.

jonscubas once bubbled...
Halcyon's got nice wings. But will the Pioneer wing fit on the Transpac II harness correctly without problems or modifications?

Make a good BC even better!

Yes, it fits. Didn't try it, though. But I was looking into that exact same setup. Then, I tried a backplate...

And then after seeing Halcyon's recommendation, I kept asking around and came to the conclusion that 36# was what I needed. But if they make a 45#, there must be a need for it. It wasn't just mine...

Why would you want to do that?

And why a 45 pound wing? Is the rest of your wing really more than 40 pounds negatively buoyant? What do you have on that thing?

Arnaud wrote...

But if they make a 45#, there must be a need for it. It wasn't just mine...
According to the EE rep, the 45lb is made only because the Canadian military demanded it for extreme conditions involving unusually heavy weighting.

Arnaud once bubbled...

Yes, it fits. Didn't try it, though. But I was looking into that exact same setup. Then, I tried a backplate...

And then after seeing Halcyon's recommendation, I kept asking around and came to the conclusion that 36# was what I needed. But if they make a 45#, there must be a need for it. It wasn't just mine...

If you didn't even physically try it?:confused:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that backplates and wings are pretty much all interchangeable, even across manufacturers. So you can use a Dive Rite plate with a Halcyon wing if you want, or vice versa.

Of course that may be inaccurate. There's always some company that decides to go against the norm and make their stuff proprietary.

But I'm pretty sure that most of the big boys are all interchangeable. So that would include the Transpac and a Halcyon wing.

I just found out that it doesn't have the webbing slits milled into it for the webbing to pass through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom